You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Director, Corporate Real Estate
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
The Director of Corporate Real Estate (CRE) San Diego will manage, coach and develop a team of FM site management teams, project managers, service experts and suppliers. All of this is based on and executed within CRE’s strategic pillars (Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business Alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability). As a Business Partner to County and Site Management, the Director of CRE leads the local demand management organization and therefore is responsible for managing local Real Estate, FM and maintenance services for ASML in San Diego.
The Director of CRE San Diego is a senior role with expertise in Real Estate, Facility Management and Technical Maintenance and Operations supporting complex cleanroom infrastructure.
Role and responsibilities
Strategic Planning Process
- Responsible to drive the local strategic planning process of CRE by inventory of local business request, collecting relevant trends and developments and setting high quality standards (and provide guidance and direction on how to achieve these).
- Acting from the ASML CRE strategic pillars and make sure that the needs for the future are translated into short- and long-term plans for the hard and soft services domains.
- Manages the overall strategic vision and planning for the local competence, in alignment with corporate strategy, guidelines and objectives. Ensures a good fit with ASML and CRE strategy and derives the roadmap and priorities on local level for example on resources, sourcing, development plan etc.
- Understands and aligns with the overall needs of the business and population (the users/Stakeholders) in the domain of the global competence.
- Responsible for the development and execution of effective local policies and translation of global policies for CRE.
- Responsible to derive long-term and short-term activities from the strategic plan and drive the investment and program plan in order to make the changes happen in time and against the required output/performance.
- Managing the local team of educated professionals and operational service experts, as well as a complex portfolio with extensive and great diversity of products/services in CRE management.
- Leading the local team in managing the (key) suppliers that are responsible for a range of operational and tactical activities within CRE. The CRE team acts as the (strategic) demand organization towards the expertise parties by translating business needs into (output) specifications and by monitoring and managing the performance of suppliers
- based on a set of strategic, tactical and operational KPI’s.
- Acting as the manager and representative for CRE in San Diego with P&L responsibility for (key) suppliers and investment plans. This is done in close collaboration with the global CRE team.
- Leading the local team in managing an outstanding continuous quality and/or improvement of quality in adherence to changing business needs and objectives of CRE.
- Contributing to ASML objectives by ensuring uptime of assets and buildings and delivering outstanding services with the aim to contribute to an appealing,
- attractive and comfortable working environment for ASML employees and visitors and to support in the attraction of talent.
- Being responsible for managing the relationship with (key) suppliers together with the FM lead for the hard services and soft services domains.
- Contributing to the (global and local) strategic planning and reporting process and maintaining relations with stakeholders such as the global CRE team, other Regional Facility Managers and the Global Head of Real Estate and Facility Management.
- Realizing strategic alignment with ASML’s business to be continuously informed about changes in the organization and business to understand needs and predict/anticipate on changes in needs and capacity.
- In alignment with CRE teams, inform business stakeholders about impact and progress of projects and programs and ensure coordination between activities. Build strong relationships with the San Diego site management on operational, tactical and especially strategic plans, which are related to CRE activities.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Driving innovations and opportunities that arise from (strategic) partnerships and continuously set the right goals and targets for and/or with these partners to bring performance and quality of deliverables to the next level.
- Driving changes in the CRE portfolio to innovate products and/or services, meet (changing) performance criteria, manage replacements form the long term Investment Plan (MJOP) or comply to business requests.
- Connecting with other CRE functions for optimization of products, processes or performance locally or with global scope, sharing best practices and leveraging economy of scale and scope.
- Being the delegated budget holder for CRE in San Diego with mandate to act towards (key) suppliers and investment plans.
- Responsible for managing the CRE San Diego CAPEX budget and short- and long-term planning and allocation of the budget.
- Calculating business cases for change plans and cost estimates for impact on the CRE organization considering balance between risks, performance, and costs (TCO). Validate offers of suppliers to determine compliancy with required quality and output specifications.
Education and experience
- Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering, Facility Management, Business Administration, Organizational Studies or similar.
- At least 10 - 12 years of relevant experience in an international high tech industrial environment
- At least 5 years of managerial experience
- Preferably experienced in working abroad and/or in multicultural teams.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strategic thinking & innovation
- Judgement and informed decision making
- Organizational sensitivity & influencing skills
- Ownership & entrepreneurship
- Drive results and decision-making processes
- Managing complexity
- Strong customer focus
- Thinks and plans ahead
- Capable to facilitate/stimulate (highly) skilled professionals
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $157,875 - $263,125.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.