You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
The Supplier Operations department’s mission is to secure material availability at the right cost, right quality and right time for our customers. To realize this mission, we need to set ourselves up for success to navigate the volume ramp, while managing the growing installed base & supply chain complexity in a smarter way. This means that we need to drive both structural step changes and continuous improvements in our core processes at the same time. Your role as Buyer/Planner is to ensure effective and efficient execution of the (operational) procurement activities by for example arranging adequate material supply, resolving operational procurement issues, driving cost down / cost efficiency and ensuring master data control.
Ensures timely and effective purchasing and planning, to meet customer delivery dates, service requirements and inventory goals. Responsible for executing to a MRP plan, analyzing requirements, and mitigating material shortage impacts. Drives daily production efficiencies by releasing purchase orders based on MRP requirements. Assists with expediting material needed to support operations. Coordinates and/or monitors the receipt of materials. Issues purchase orders for material and/or services and ensures on time delivery from suppliers with acceptable quality. Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to maximize the use of reclaimed material supply while minimizing new material expenditures for these components. Aligns with AP to resolve supplier invoice and paymentissues. Coordinates with warehouse personnel to correct receiving discrepancies.
This position is based in San Diego, California.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role and responsibilities
- Plans, issues and controls purchase orders andcoordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approvedmaterials timed to meet production requirements.
- Communicates and/or assists in negotiating withsuppliers regarding forecasts, engineering change notices, schedulechanges, discrepant material issues, and delivery schedules.
- Requests/receives quotes, considers bids, and makesawards.
- Monitors the supply base performance to ensureexcellence and quality of the product and product components.
- Monitors raw material inventory for financial trackingpurposes and in support of company goals.
- Resolves a range of issues in practical ways andassists in making recommendations for policy/process action in order tomonitor and expedite open orders, report on supply base performance, reactto change orders, and plan and review the impact to the materialavailability.
- Reviews MRP planned requirements and implements supplyplan for all material components.
- Maintains Oracle ASL and Sourcing Rules as it relatesto material supply requirements.
- Assists in recommending forecast adjustments based onactual performance.
- Assists with cycle count reconciliation.
- Coordinates purchase orders to satisfy themanufacturing demand to meet material requirements.
- Maintains metrics to measure supplier performance,i.e., on time delivery, cost reduction, cost avoidance etc.
- Collaborates with manager on various projects such ascost target planning, supplier qualification and assessment out sourcingsub- assemblies, inventory model planning, and resulting execution toplan.
- Keeps in mind cost reductions and cost targets ofassigned materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two (2)years of experience or an equivalent combination of education andexperience.
- Knowledge of the technical features of MRP, purchasedproducts, and components.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories of MRP,Purchasing, JIT, Kanban, and Lean Manufacturing.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, andeffectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, andelectronic mail systems.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advancedunderstanding of customer relationship building.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employeeroutinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard,finger, handle, and feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to move aroundthe campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includeclose vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and abilityto adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.