You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Engineering System Integration
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the jobThe EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create and productize novel solutions to support EUV technology roadmap within ASML.The Droplet Generation System Function is responsible for creating a steady stream of micron-scale droplets of molten tin injected into a vacuum vessel at a rate of tens of thousands per second, which generate EUV light when hit by infrared laser pulses.The functional team is fully responsible for development of the droplet generator, for integration and functional testing of the modules and sub-components, and for overall integration of the module within the system. The complexity of the droplet generation requirements and the associated need for experimental studies and validation testing put exciting and challenging demands on the Droplet Generation Integration Engineer, who will be working within a multidisciplinary team mastering complex engineering activities of significant technical depth related to multiple phases of the product development, including design, implementation, integration, validation, and test, problem solving and troubleshooting.
Role and responsibilities
- Gather information from drawings, specifications and directly from design engineers necessary to develop Droplet Generator functional test procedures and create traceability from functional requirements; assist in defining test requirements based upon design documents.
- Participate in Functional modules and system level acceptance testing, assist in qualifying product for shipment, assist in creating instructions for system service activities including complex upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and isolate equipment problems in laboratory and integration testing, assist in analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting problems in the Factory or at a customer site remotely or in person.
- Receive knowledge transfer from design and development teams on new module and software releases, provide knowledge transfer and training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service and Manufacturing personnel.
- Travel as required for the purposes of performing integration, test, and service activities at customer sites, including installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades, and preventive maintenance of ASML equipment, providing service education to Customer Service and operations staff, occasionally interacting with customer’s staff to provide information about system maintenance and operation optimization.
- Use company technical documentation and provide feedback for improvement and assist in creating technical service documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with vacuum, gas pressurized, electromechanical systems and components is required.
- Experience with semiconductor capital equipment development is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in use of test instrumentation including lasers and optical sensors, electronic test equipment, pressure and gas flow control, vacuum systems and equipment without direction.
- Proficiency in reading and creating electrical schematics and using manufacturers’ product specifications to select components to purchase.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and complete assignments with minimal supervision, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to complete assignments with meticulous attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Ideal candidates will be incredibly organized, have a strong knowledge of diverse vacuum and gas pressurized equipment and have a genuine desire to support the organization’s goals.
- Ability to perform complex engineering integration, test and troubleshooting activities, including operation, optimization and service of functional modules in test lab, factory and customer environments.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.