You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Facilities)
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the jobWe are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) team in San Diego. This position will be the technical lead for facility support systems related to their engineering discipline.
The Mechanical Engineer will manage the facilities infrastructure as a subject matter expert to ensure capacity and reliability in design and operation. They will be responsible for design specifications to meet system performance targets, reliability, growthmodernization. They will have primary input to system upgrade schedules, budgets, resource plans, and other general engineering planning activities. They will have knowledge of applicable building codes, fire / life safety regulations, and OSHA regulations.
Role and responsibilities
- Reviews feasibility studies and designs, perform design calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs, work with contractors and provide technical support to the project management team during execution
- Provides input to the facilities project execution plan
- Ensures cross-functional communication to ensure coordination between engineering functional areas and other departments
- Provides feedback and process improvement input to project planning
- Manages the effective usage of the design review process and facilitate necessary approvals
- Assess and highlight risks; develop risk mitigation plans
- Create presentations to support program review to senior site leadership
- Clearly communicates issues and manages solution paths
- Provide technical input plan for commissioning and maintenance of facility support systems
- Manages and ensures that construction activities and systems hookups are completed within safety standards and within approved scope, schedule, and cost
- Responsible for facility project documentation from planning to closeout
- Performs review on key developments and drives necessary changes into the Facilities Planning Process, or other applicable areas
- Provides advanced management direction to a complex technical subject matter area
- Lead technical input to root cause analysis of assigned systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’sDegree or higher in Engineering field (ME preferred) and a minimum of five(5) years of relevant experience in a technical facility
- Strong technicalknowledge desired in one or many of the following: HVAC, cleanroomfiltration, boilers, water purification, central plant utilities, exhaustventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distributions, lifesafety systems, electrical distribution, and cleanroom operation
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience with Microsoftsuite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project)
- High achiever withability to coordinate various activities simultaneously
- Excellent written andverbal communication skills
- Excellent customerservice skills and communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable,professional and articulate when dealing with others.Acts proactively to customer needs.
- Must be a team player,driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a “can-do, nojob too big or small” attitude
- Exercise judgment anddiscretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters
- Provides analysis of ownwork assignments and executes to the operational plan
- Must be available foroccasional overtime and weekend hours as needed
- Professional behavior andappearance at all times
- Must be able to workunder deadlines
- Must possess a validdriver’s license
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.