You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Electro Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for senior level Electronic Design engineering positions for our San Diego, CA location.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Role and responsibilities
As an experienced Electro-Mechanical Engineer, the responsibility will be to own the design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups (such as Supply Chain, Purchasing, Manufacturing) to outline and create electronic systems, validation plans and test infrastructure. Lead the communication between designers and project manager, close the gap between concept and reality. Contribution to technical roadmap planning is encouraged, in addition to promoting innovation and incorporate relevant new technologies and methodologies into the design and integration processes.
Design Electro-mechanical enclosures, together with life cycle implementation, concept and detailed 3D CAD design of complex electrical cabinets, modules, racks and PCBA according to semiconductor industry requirement, and prepare for 2D drawings for manufacturing, while keeping electrical safety and EMC in mind.
- Involvement with System Cable layout, Cable Routing, Schematic Design, Cable Manufacturing and Validation.
- Teamcenter data management and documentation maintenance, NX 3D/2D modeling and drafting, Synchronous Modeling, Surface Modeling and Curve design.
- Generate technical performance specifications, lead Technical Product Document (TPD) acceptance review with supplier, extensive review of 2D drawing, 3D design and manufacturing documentations, and provide detailed feedback to design owners and manufacture.
- Creation of detailed design documentation and review documents including performance specification, design specification, critical design review document, test specification, test report and more.
- Work with electrical/electronic architecture and design engineers to create pre-integration qualification plans. Requires prototype testing in semiconductor machine environment.
- Provide system-level support for electronic components installed in the field including debugging and failure analysis.
- Familiarity with SAFe - Agile is a plus.
Education and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required; with basic electrical and electronics a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant, work related experience in electro-mechanical design, on electrical modules, racks, cabinets and PCBAs.
- Exposure to Engineering Change Management a must. Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven environment, with a systematic and structured problem solving approach.
- Experience in usage ofNX (preferred) is a must for 3D and 2D design
- Previous experience with PLM software is a must (Teamcenter is preferred).
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes and surface finish processes including machining, sheet metal, casting and more.
- Understanding of basic Electrical Engineering knowledge is a must and should be able to read electrical schematic, wiring diagram and general electrical datasheet.
- Must be able to use the knowledge to choose correct components in design to meet certain industry standard/requirements, including the safety standard, eg, NFPA79.
- Experienced in writing technical content for requirements, design specifications and test plans.
- Previous working experience in Semiconductor Industry preferred.
- Cable routing and cable design experience is a plus.
- Can make technical decisions based on a good understanding of design scope, timeline and cost.
- Experienced with working in multidisciplinary design teams.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.