You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Production Engineer - Mechatronics and Test Comp - FLS - Intern
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
No experience (Student)
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. This position is for a First Line Support Production Engineer Intern with innovative attitude to work in the Production Engineering department in Wilton Factory. Intern will work with cross-sectors employees to provide rapid response to resolve disturbance notices related to engineering issues and to perform the engineering steps listed in the production operator dashboard (POD) to support output.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Spends about 75% of time in the Cleanroom providing direct support to production processes and troubleshooting.
- Provide efficient response to troubleshoot electro-mechanical modules and subassemblies.
- Provide efficient response to troubleshoot module test and final qual issues.
- Provide efficient response to troubleshoot multi-discipline test equipment (Hardware/Software/Electrical/Servo).
- Master test rig qualification software:Linux/Python + Proprietary ASML GUI.
- Analyze Matlab runs and plot data from database.
- Support query code to interrogate data for manufacturing needs.
- Support analysis on test data and derive conclusions.
- Analyze RGA Data and evaluate test results to determine if the parts, assemblies, or modules meet contamination requirements.
- Develop OCAPs, Fishbones and troubleshooting guidelines.
- Support diagnostics qualification and implementation for production staff.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts with proposed solutions.
- Support development of Manufacturing procedures and technical work instructions.
- Support design and document reviews for diagnostics.
- Support DOA root cause analysis.
- Support cycle time and labor hours roadmaps implementation.
- Support PFMEA.
- Able to read mechanical, electrical and optical drawings.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW and Python.
Education and experience
- Candidate for Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechatronics or Electrical or Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must display a solid understanding of complicated manufacturing assemblies.
- Working knowledge with servo and mechatronic control systems.
- Working knowledge with complicated multi-disciplinary (Electro-Mechanical) assembly.
- Working knowledge with integrated Hardware/Software testers.
- Working knowledge with vacuum systems.
- Working Knowledge in image/signal/data process algorithm, statisticsand software development.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Working knowledge with Optical-Electrical sensors is a plus.
- Experience in the field of technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of NX, Teamcenter and SAP is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility and follow through.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics- demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills- ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
Role within the Factory
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule- twelve-hour long shift and rotating from three to four days a week.
- This must include references to day and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
Additional responsibilities for Wilton Factory:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability