You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Lead - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your signon bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offersmade between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Advanced Development Center at ASML in Wilton, Connecticut is seeking a Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) focusing on the development of next generation Wafer Clamp used in Extreme Ultra Violet (EUV) Lithography. The Advanced Development Center (ADC) is an multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientists focused on developing learning loop solutions, proto-typing of next generation wafer & reticle clamping systems and industrialization of proto-types that meet the system performance requirements.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The main job function isto project manage and coordinate a cross-functional team on activities related to the development of a next generation Wafer Clamp, its tooling and production process development, and its industrialization.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of up to 15 engineers, physicists, material scientists, process engineers and tribologists.
- Develop metrology tooling, software and processes needed to create a manufacturable product (new and rework), meeting the performance requirements over the lifetime of next generation wafer clamping systems.
- Plan and prioritize team activities (create detailed plans, define deliverables for the engineers, identify the critical path of the project, balance scope, resources and timeline, execute on-time delivery that meets the ASML product/roadmap needs, ensures linkage of all project plans to the overall master plan, etc.)
- Perform Key Decision and status roll up for the Project Leader and Architect.
- Drive team execution according to the project schedule.
- Delegate tasks to team members and control the work load, balancing business priorities with team capabilities.
- Manage the team structure, setting up such that it matches the work breakdown structure.
- Escalate issues in a proactive and structured way.
- Interface between Development Engineering, Production Engineering, Customer Support, Logistics and Procurement.
- Review designs to ensure it is suitable for the manufacturing environment.
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex problems, taking the necessary initiative to identify and implement practical solutions.
- Bring knowledge to bear on (new) product development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase, improving the manufacturability of the product and test designs.
- Perform data analysis to examine problematic trends in key process parameters, collaborate with engineers for root cause analysis and solution development.
- With support from engineers, create and design production tooling and qualification tests.
- Review design documents, procedures and specifications.
- Validate technical work instructions.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts, with proposed solutions for structural problems.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and customers and help validate the root cause of the failure.
- Support creation of process flow charts.
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding the build and test of assemblies and final products.
- Capacity to lead cross-functional engineers and technicians in executing activities related to the development, integration, and delivery of complex systems.
- Exhibit complete ownership of the deliverables.
- Expertise at anticipating and solving complex problems such as those encountered in the manufacturing of wafer/reticle clamping systems.
- Ability to lead the development team in the use analytical processes (e.g. 8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc.) to develop test plans that determine problem root cause.
Mentoring and Coaching
- Dedicate time and effort to define “bandwidth” limits, selecting, developing, coaching and engaging.
- Recognizes contribution of individual team members.
- Is able to lead collaborative problem solving session with Design Engineers and Architects.
- Coaches and manages the project leads from Engineering, Research and Operations teams.
Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Capability to clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing activities to managers and customers.
- Defines goals, analyses, proposes, drives problem solving based on clear and timely updates, communicates when deliverables cannot be met and proactively asks for support.
- Shows the flexibility to adapt to different styles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both written and oral.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field with 2+ years in a technical project management role or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree or PhD, in Material Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field with 2+ years in a technical project management role or equivalent experience.
- Experience in manufacturing of high precision opto-mechanical systems, tribology, vacuum based coatings, metrology equipment, material characterization and data analytics.
- Project planning, organization experience and in leading a team .
- Working knowledge of MATLAB.
- Experience in the field of technical manufacturing engineering and quality methodologies such as statistical process control and FMEA.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
Essential Job Functions
- The essential job functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced office environment, including working in a standing or seated position for long periods sometimes exceeding 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Commute to ASML’s facility and report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), filing, calculating, and use of telephone or other handheld electronic devices, continuously sometimes exceeding 8 hours per day, five days per week.
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs up to about 10%.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Safely working around lasers; on ladders; on platforms; around chemicals; near strong magnetic fields; around high voltage and currents.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.