You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Strategic Partnership Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The Strategic Partnerships team is part of SPO Government and External Affairs. The primary responsibilities of our team are (i) to connect economical instruments both in the Netherlands, and in the European Union to ASML’s R&D roadmap and ecosystem, and (ii) to act as liaison between ASML and Dutch and European innovation/industry policy makers.
Role and responsibilities
As (Senior) Manager Strategic Partnerships you are concerned with all activities aimed at connecting ASML and the partners in its ecosystem to National and European funding programs for strategic technology cooperation projects. In particular you are focused on securing compliance and participation in grants and incentive programs like the Dutch TKI, NWO, Groeifonds, WBSO and EU R&D&I cooperative programs like Horizon Europe, KDT JU and Eureka. In this role, you combine strong organizational skills to a drive for results and a flair for government relations and networking.
In this role you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You maintain close cooperation with ASML’s technology project leaders/owners and other internal stakeholders (e.g. finance, legal, intellectual property) to make sure ASML projects are fully compliant and optimally aligned with relevant grants, incentive and funding programs from start to finish.
- You outline the technical scope of ASML’s Dutch/EU funded R&D&I consortium projects, in line with ASML’s strategy and long term technology roadmap.
- You initiate new requests, meaning you keep track of upcoming funding calls, determine their relevance for ASML, prepare the request and coordinate the internal approval process.
- You interact with representatives of funding project partners, industry associations and public authorities on current and future national and EU subsidy programs.
Education and experience
- MSc/PhD in a technical field ideally combined with an international business/economics background
- You have ≥10 years of working experience in the high-tech manufacturing industry
- You have proven experience in managing strategic international partnerships and alliances
- You have a good understanding of ASML’s technical content and its ecosystem
- You possess affinity with legal, intellectual property and financial aspects of projects
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Functional competences and skills:
- Project management: you are able to manage high visibility, complex projects in multiple areas (technology, strategy, financial, legal, HR, Tax). You take into account potential barriers to realize the long-term plan and are capable to act accordingly
Leadership and behavioral competencies and skills:
- You possess a solid presence and a natural authority
- You use your strongly developed diplomatic and negotiation skills to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from a non-hierarchical position
- You are self-driven, proactive, structured and conscientious
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent in English, proficient in Dutch and in addition German or French is appreciated
- You personify the ASML values, especially reliability and integrity
- Internal: Government & External Affairs, System Engineering, Research, Legal, Corporate Intellectual Property, Sourcing, Marketing and Finance.
- External: Counterparts at suppliers, academic partners, knowledge institutes and other technology partners, representatives of Dutch and European governments, and various European organizations and associations (e.g., RVO, KDT JU, Eureka).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.