You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
The mission of an Electrical Designer is to design, realize, and to a limited extent manage the Electrical infrastructure of the ASML products.
Here are a couple of examples:
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our field service engineers to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in your subsystem, you will function as the technical interface between Customer Support local organizations and ASML headquarters.
As an Electrical Connectivity Engineer, you will design, realize, and to a limited extent manage the infrastructure cabling of the ASML products.
Role and responsibilities
The Electrical Designer is responsible for the following:
- Operate in a multidisciplinary team and interface with multiple projects to realize own work.
- Manage the electrical interfaces between the modules in the product.
- Implement engineering changes into the products.
- Investigate and solve issues on the Electrical infrastructure.
- Design and document Electrical infrastructure parts that meet the international standards on electrical safety.
- Participate in realization of the infrastructure like connection panels, electronic racks & cabinets, and mains distribution.
- Represent project team in several meetings.
- Make a personal work breakdown planning, align with team and interfacing projects.
- Continuously improve the design processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Bachelor / Master degree in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- 1-2 year experience as Electrical Designer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary.
- Solid technical knowledge on electronics, safety and diagnosis.
- Experience with general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Knowledge of electrical connection methods, AC mains power and DC power distribution.
- Has experience with industrial networks (Profibus, Profinet, etc..) including SIEMENS PLC (including safety PLC), both hardware and software.
- Knowledge on EMC and electrical safety standards (IEC) and US standards (NFPA, UL).
- Knowledge on analogue and digital circuitry and power electronics.
- Strong English communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience for testing and trouble shooting.
- Experience of schematics design and PCB layout is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience and knowledge with general electrical engineering.
- Hands on experience for testing and trouble shooting the electrical design.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.