You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
IT Applications Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML and its subsidiaries, including Cymer Light Source, are critically dependent on their ability to leverage enterprise / business process data from internal business systems and applications, from suppliers, and from customers to run, optimize, and improve our business operations and services.The processing, enrichment, and consumption of this data is essential to improve business processes, drive operational performance improvements and continuously increase efficiencies in customer service and business operations.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of this position is to extend and sustain the ASML Software Department to enable business benefits and improvement that support our business growth and new requirements in software, tooling, support and data.
The selected candidate will be part of the ASML IT Solution Delivery Product Technology US team and is responsible for understanding and supporting the ASML D&E EUV department (including tools, repositories, applications, analytics, etc.) in order to support, maintain, and improve business operations and processes dependent on the EUV Software Department.As a IT Applications Engineer, the selected candidate will collaborate with business counterparts to understand and co-deliver solutions and support within an Agile SCRUM Framework (SAFE) team.
ASML is a crucial player in a fast moving semiconductor industry which means change is a constant. You will work with your team to capture the constant and dynamic refinement of business priorities, Support tickets and Project user stories. You are looked upon, and rewarded for, being able to constantly provide the needed support to the D&E Software department switch between business value and technical implementation. Together with the team you will work constantly to drive ASML’s ambition using modern DevOps and Cloud components and leveraging the Agile mindset fully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The IT Applications Engineer is responsible for the development, delivery and performance assurance of applications/software solutions.
- Works in close collaboration with ASML business stakeholders, incorporating user-defined needs and feedback to improve application design and/or optimize performance.
- Provides business areas with technical support.
- Generates ideas for innovation and for conveying the IT art-of-the-possible to the ASML business, inspiring - and realizing - capability step ups.
- Collaborates with teams across various projects and customers on feasibilities and applications' customizations. Responsible for SW build and development support activities for systems local or remote, which includes installation, software patch, system security, data backup, storage management, VM, and problem analysis activities.
- Performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Provides Support process by serving as Tier 1 / Tier 2 point of contact and owner of problem/incident.
- Logs all customer requests and updates calls utilizing the designated call handling and tracking system.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering and help to solve these requests.
- Ensures all IT standard processes and procedures and Service Level Agreements are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or Engineering. Master’s degree a plus, with a minimum 2 years related and proven experience in large technical software development environments.
- Experience with tools used within the development environment, including:
- Linux (RHEL, Centos).
- Networking – Architecture (TCP/IP UDP).
- Ticketing system – (Service now).
- Monitoring systems - (Splunk).
- Application management experience (Atlassian Stack - JIRA, Confluence, Wiki, Bitbucket).
- Storage knowledge (NFS, SMB, CIFS, ZFS, NAS).
- Scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl).
- Developer tools (IDE, code quality checkers, review tool, etc.).
- Infra & Test environment (DevBench) including web tools for Patch and Release functionality.
- Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, Python.
- Has experience with agile/SAFE way of work.
- CI/CD knowledge.
- SVN/Git SCM knowledge.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Shows initiative, strong analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Highly motivated team player, good social skills, with a strong service/customer orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Accurate, systematic approach.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Ability to think practically about the impact of decisions for end-customer / user.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.