You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters is in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of Material Handling is to provide customer service to the factory and engineering teams with timely delivery of materials to support production as well as distribution of finished goods materials back to the warehouse. As a material handler you are the key interface between factory production and the 3rd Party Logistics warehouse in ensuring material cycle times are met and systematic jobs are complete in accordance with Materials Requirement Planning.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Works both in cleanroom andnon-cleanroom environment.
- Receives and audits incomingmaterials.
- Conduct daily cycle counts ofinventory.
- Processes jobs via computersystem(s).
- Processes materials to return towarehouse, supplier/vendor etc.
- Packages, wraps, crates materialsapproved for shipping.
- Expedites/communicates line down parts to the appropriatework centers.
- Files documentation in accordancewith department procedures.
- Operates material handlingequipment, i.e., forklift, pallet jack
- Performs other duties asassigned.
Education and experience
- High school diploma orgeneral education degree (GED).
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Minimum 2 of Years of relevant experience working in a warehouse or factory setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with Oracle or other inventory management software applications preferred
- Must be able to read andinterpret data, information, and documents in English
- Must be able to communicate in English (written and oral)
- Experience operating Powered Industrial Equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong customer focus and commitmentto customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency andprofessionalism.
- Attention to detail and high degreeof accuracy.
- Proven ability to performeffectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownershipand accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drivesimprovements.
- Work independently or as part of ateam and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise andprofessional communication.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to establish and maintaincooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Ability to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to learn and apply newinformation or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Must be willing to work ina clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safetyglasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of thisjob, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; usehands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,reach, and stretch.
- The employee mayoccasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to spend themajority of time (greater than 90% less break time) on the floor workingon tool sets, walking three to five miles a day, and/or standing/sittingfor nine hours.
- The environment generallyis moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
2nd shift position - 1:30pm - 9:30pm, Monday - Friday
Initial training will be on 1st shift 5:00am - 1:30pm for 4-6 weeks
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.