You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. IT Applications Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML and its subsidiaries, including Cymer Light Source, are critically dependent on their ability to leverage enterprise / business process data from internal business systems and applications, from suppliers, and from customers to run, optimize, and improve our business operations and services.The processing, enrichment, and consumption of this data is essential to improve business processes, drive operational performance improvements and continuously increase efficiencies in customer service and business operations.
Within ASML, IT P&T (Product and Technology) group is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of integrated development, build, test and release environments of the ASML product software.
At ASML, DevOps is working on a project to implement an automated software test platform. Goals are to accelerate time to market for new requests, improve product quality by implementing faster feedback loops upstream, and to improve productivity for developers.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This position is based in San Jose, CA. The Senior IT Applications Engineer is responsible for the development, delivery and performance assurance of applications/software solutions. Works in close collaboration with ASML business stakeholders, incorporating user-defined needs and feedback to improve application design and/or optimize performance. Provides business areas with technical support. Generates ideas for innovation and for conveying the IT art-of-the-possible to the ASML business, inspiring - and realizing - capability step ups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate user feedback into requirements and use cases.
- Build testing strategies to describe various levels of tests and when to use each appropriate level, based on feedback and use cases.
- Support software test infrastructure.
- Recommend security improvements.
- Cross collaborate with teams across various projects and customers on feasibilities and applications' customizations.
- Responsible for software development support activities for systems local or remote, which includes installation, software patch, system security, data backup, storage management, VM, and problem analysis activities.
- Recommends and/or participates in system architecture, security, and design, including, but not limited to, software, hardware infrastructure, network, and vendor analysis.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Ensures all IT standard processes and procedures and Service Level Agreements are met.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or Engineering.
- Master’s degree a plus, with a minimum 7-10 years related and proven experience in large technical software development environment.
- Experience with tools used within the development environment, including:
- Windows (win7, win10) and Linux (RHEL 7).
- Azure (AKS, Azure CLI, Azure functions).
- Scripting language (Perl, Python, Bash,).
- Networking – Architecture (TCP/IP UDP).
- Configuration Mgmt. tool( Puppet, ansible).
- CI/CD knowledge.
- SVN/Git SCM knowledge.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Developer tools (Visual Studio Development Environment).
- DevSecOps ( Must be security aware).
- Infrastructure and Test environment including web tools for Patch and Release functionality.
- Application management experience (Atlassian Stack - JIRA, Confluence, Wiki, Bitbucket).
- Has experience with Agile/SAFE way of work/ Ticketing system – (Service now).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Shows initiative, strong analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Highly motivated team player, good social skills, with a strong service/customer orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Accurate, systematic approach.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Ability to think practically about the impact of decisions for end-customer /user.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.