You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Integration Management & Verification Data Visualization and Automation Intern
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Data science, Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
At ASML, Integration Management & Verification group is responsible for defining and executing the validation of install, recovery and upgrade engineering work preparation (Sequences, Bill of Procedures Bill of Material & Tooling) for the whole EUV Laser source including optical, mechanical and electrical modules. Industrialization group works alongside System Engineering and Research and Development to develop and execute the validation plan which includes the engineering work preparation. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to help the Integration Management & Verification team turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. To achieve this, the intern will:
- Work in a team environment alongside local experienced data analysts, engineers, architects and project managers.
- Assist in the recommendation and development of data analysis and automation tooling that will help our team be more efficient and effective in managing machine tests, analyzing data thereof and in general guiding business decisions of new technology related to the EUV light-source.
- Additional tasks will be tailored to match the education / experience level of the intern as well as the interns learning objectives for the summer.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree student, Junior or Senior status, studying Data Analytics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field of engineering study.
- Experience manipulating databases. i.e. Spotfire.
- Experience generating data reports for end users.
- Experience creating applications and GUI.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
- Python and HTML programming experience is required.
- Knowledge of Tableau or equivalent data visualization software is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information using statistical techniques with attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong problem solving skills, take initiative with little guidance and be able to work independently (self-sufficient)
- Be willing to accept feedback from a variety of stakeholders.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.