You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve technical breakthroughs? Do you have interest in being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you able to translate functional specs into hardware concepts? Can you determine efficient tooling concepts?
If so, then the job of Tooling Architect Mechanical/Mechatronics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Role and responsibilities
Deliver mechanical/mechatronic architecture that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new tooling.
- Creation and investigation of mechanics/mechatronics concept design for tooling. Discuss with projects and sectors. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Investigate manufacturability and serviceability. Creation of manufacturing and service flow leading to tooling concept. Validate with RAMS specifications.
- Validate concept on requirements regarding transportability and service at customer site.
- Definition of tooling volumes. Monitor that projects stay within agreed volumes. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups.
- Contribute to system roadmaps.
Education and experience
Master degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts or large complex modules.
- Covering all aspects like layout, manufacturability, serviceability, transportability, install, performance, etc..
- Familiar with FEM and related development tools.
- Knowledge of mechanics, mechatronics, thermal management, flow control and static design is a pre.
- NX (or other 3D design tool)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking.
- Helicopter view.
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines.
- Clear and structured way of reporting.
- Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and with suppliers.
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Architect reports to the group leader Manufacturing & Service Tooling and is operational within multidisciplinary, cross-sectorial projects.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.