You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Application Engineer - Customer Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you the technical guru we’re looking for to make an impact on the semiconductor industry? Do you already have a number of years’ experience in the semiconductor industry? Then this might be an exciting opportunity for you!
Role and responsibilities
As a Senior Application Engineer you will be the driving force in enabling worldwide customers to meet their semiconductor process roadmap using ASML technology. A key expert in the applications team, you establish new ways of working to create tomorrow’s value through new ASML products and services.
- Closely engage with our customers to propose tailormade high-tech solutions.
- Shape our partners requirements and drive solutions within engineering development.
- Lead performance improvement projects in a complex environment, where your work will hold significant business impact
- Ensure structural issue resolution as well as identify potential revenue generation.
- Train your colleagues on new means and methods that you have developed with a team.
- Act as a consultant within ASML through your technical knowledge about photolithography applications.
- Guide junior engineers in their soft skill development.
Education and experience
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or a similar engineering degree.
- Experience with photolithography applications and/ or equipment supporting photolithography processes.
- Proven track record leading a technical team in bringing complex issues to successful resolution.
- Experience in customer support role.
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong customer focus and ability to build long-term partnerships.
- Combine leadership with excellent investigative and analytical skills to deliver timely, high-quality solutions.
- Manage and convince multiple stakeholders on technical direction/strategy.
- Strong collaboration with team members while empowering them through technical and soft skill coaching.
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written English) to convey new ideas to internal and external customers.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This job is challenging and fast-paced while also being highly rewarding. It will involve continuous professional and personal development. If you meet the above requirements and consider yourself to have the right combination of technical, analytical and personal skills, apply now!
Based at ASML global headquarters in the Netherlands, you will have the unique opportunity to benefit from a high quality of living, excellent work/life balance and being surrounded by a large expat community. We welcome international candidates to join our diverse and inclusive team and offer a relocation package if hired from abroad.
Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying for this role where you explain your motivation to join our team.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.