You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Lithography System Performance Engineer- Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a Senior Lithographic System Engineer in the Defectivity group you will support hardware projects in meeting defectivity performance requirements with respect to both particle and molecular contamination. With a strong background in materials and cutting edge analytical tools, you will create solutions through materials analysis, root cause analysis, containment, and structural solving that take lithography performance to the next level. You will write high quality test plans and reports following the ASML way of working. Your domain expertise will contribute to the cumulative knowledge and growth of our group. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Defectivity and the Project Leader. You will generally participate in project teams with around 8-10 members but could also be much larger. From time to time you may also be asked to travel to customer or supplier sites to aide local teams.
Education and experience
- BS (required) or equivalent experience.
- MS or PhD (preferred) in Materials Science, Tribology, Surface Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related, with a focus on material behavior.
- 3+ years of experience in systems design or advanced degree.
- Solid theoretical and practical experience with precision machined parts, optics, or mechatronics, ideally in the semiconductor industry preferred but not required.
- Experience with measurement tools and setting up experiments.
- Experience with instrumentation and interpretation used to study nano-scale particles, such as SEM, EDX, AES, SIMS, AFM, optical/confocal microscopy.
- Basic experience with material behavior predictive modeling and methods, including “first principles” engineering equations and other techniques.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as robotics, mechatronics, or optical systems preferred but not required.
- Be an advocate on behalf of reducing particulate contamination in hardware designs.
Strong background in one or more of the following areas:
- Materials science and engineering/nanotechnology background.
- Tribology, wear resistance of coatings and materials.
- Plasma physics, electrostatics and materials compatibility.
- Small particle behavior in gas flows and high vacuum.
- Chemistry of surfaces and vacuum grade cleanliness.
- Chemistry of organic material analysis.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.