You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Resist & Wafer Processing Engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
Do you want to work on leading edge technology in a team of creative technological minds? And do you have the skills and perseverance to tackle complex technical problems that can drive the semiconductor industry forward? ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We design, develop, integrate, and market these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips.
If you have a problem-solving mentality, strong technical background and can sell your vision to your stakeholders, please contact us today. We have an exciting opportunity in our Development and Engineering (D&E) department.
Role and responsibilities
ASML in Veldhoven is seeking a Resist & Wafer Processing Engineer in the Development & Engineering (D&E) department. The mission of this job is to optimize processes and equipment that are needed for the demonstration of the advanced performance of ASML’s newest machines. You will work on projects that are critical to our customers and interface with other development teams, project management, manufacturing, and marketing. Teamwork and collaboration are vital to achieve your goals.
Your responsibilities will be, among others:
- Prepare and execute test plans on ASML and associated process equipment, focusing on photoresist coating processes and chemical/physical properties of the silicon wafer substrate
- Meet shared goals together with the project team, pointing out problems and bottlenecks, working out improvements and initiating their implementation
- Own expertise in how design choices in the ASML scanner and choices in customer application (such as photoresist coating and chemical deposition) influence ASML scanner performance
- Inform your stakeholders and give presentations to other development teams and the industry to transfer knowledge
The holder of this position is reporting to the manager of the Resist & Wafer Processing group. This group is part of the D&E Cross Product Performance Department in the P&I Cluster.
Within ASML, the sector D&E is responsible for the specification, design, engineering, integration, and qualification of the ASML products. In this sector, departments with different competences are responsible for the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and/or function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on specific competences or functions needed in ASML equipment. The D&E Performance & Integration (P&I) cluster has emphasis on ASML system level specification, qualification, and integration activities.
Education and experience
PhD or MSc degree in Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or other technical area
- Minimal 5 years working experience (a senior engineer is preferred)
- Experience with semiconductor equipment and processes is an advantage
- Experience with Performance and Integration work is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Problem-solving mentality, capable of taking initiative and making pragmatic choices
- Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion
- Fluent English communicator, both verbally and written
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.