You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Platform SQA Engineer - Intern
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our state of the art products. This position will be in our Platform SQA (Software Quality Assurance) organization. The Platform SDET is responsible for designing, creating and writing Test Plan Specification (TPS) for new features, automating the test cases for on-going regression testing with advanced test framework and scripting languages. The team works closely with software developers, marketing, PEG, PL, other SQA teams, and HPC admins; therefore this job provides a broad exposure to whole pictures of different products. This job also provides excellent career development opportunities thanks to its wide work scope.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills, as well as a deep curiosity about software quality. As a member of the Platform SQA team, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing software test plan and test cases in functional, performance, reliability, linearity and system integrations testing across a variety of software platforms in assuring high quality of ASML’s world-class product. You are passionate about releasing quality products and ensuring defect free deliveries. You run functional and regression tests to ensure new features meet requirements. You will be challenged with high skill quality testing methodologies in concurrent computing software architecture environment. You will have the opportunity to work with software developers, hardware engineers and the application engineering organization on a regular basis.
Education and experience
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics. Junior Senior level of study. Master or PhD students also eligible for internships as long as education is continued after internship.
- Required technical skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of operating system, relational database, concurrent computing,
client/server architecture, network protocols, and file system management.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and quality engineering methodology
- Good numerical analysis and logic thinking skills
- Familiar with programming languages: Python, C/C++,Java, Perl or shell scripting
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to excel in cross functional, team environment
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.