You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Optics Integrator - EUV Source Laser
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Physics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy teamwork, sharing a vision and solving problems using creative thinking? If so you will enjoy ASML. It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth, especially when you are a true self-starter, and like making contact with different disciplines at different levels. Within ASML the Sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements.
The department ED EUV DE Source Laser is responsible for delivering the specification, design, integration and validation of the (CO2) Laser system which is a key part of the EUV Source.
Role and responsibilities
In this job you will work in the integration team as part of the OMEGA (Optical Module Engineering Agile) Release Train. The mission of this train is to design and industrialize the next generation of optical components of our CO2-laser system as part of the EUV source. Goal is to increase optical power and get better, more stable performance which is a constant demand for our systems. Also, to improve usability by our customers and our Customer Support teams, the optical system has to become more automated and more robust to failure and faster to recover. This requires mastering the full chain from requirement specification, design, and integration into the optical platform of high power optical elements and metrology systems starting from Drive laser exit to droplet.
More specifically the task of the integration team is to de-risk, qualify, test and troubleshoot the optical modules including new software and hardware functionalities. As an engineer within the Integration group your mission is to integrate and verify the source laser system to mitigate identified system risks and support Service and Factory sectors in solving issues on the source laser system.
You will be an integrator within the Integration Team within the Omega train and will play a leading role in integrating and troubleshooting the optical elements in the source laser system.
- Define laser system qualification strategy by design and own functional test break-down (PERT)
- System performance analysis to identify possible performance improvements.
- Define and document tests and investigations and communicate findings to stakeholders (TPS/TAR).
- Execute tests and Integrate solutions in proto and pilot system (partially physically in the cleanroom at our machine in San Diego).
- Maintain and develop test labs and rigs (location Veldhoven) for feasibility testing of future enablers.
- Troubleshoot field and factory systems to determine the root cause when a system does not perform up to specification (4th line escalation expert support).
- Provide the right follow up and make sure the new learnings land in structural solutions (PCCSTRAIM).
- Knowledge sharing within the team and with external stakeholders (KTs).
- Use, develop & improve on off-line tooling (MATLAB/python) for data analysis.
- Act as interface between design teams, factory and customer support.
Test executions can take place at our suppliers and customers. Therefore you should be able to travel without restrictions to destinations within EU, US and Asia several times a year up to 20% of your time.
Education and experience
MSc or PhD in a technical area, which is preferably related to Physics Optics and/or Integration validation and verification strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of laser, physical and optical phenomena.
- Hands-on knowledge within EUV Source is preferable.
- Several years of experience within an integration environment is preferable.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Works well in a team
- Shows true end-to-end ownership.
- Strong self-propelling behavior.
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality.
- Used to take initiative to reach difficult goals.
- Able to cooperate in high stress environment.
- Flexible in work schedule when troubleshooting and test execution may demand this.
- Willing to travel several times a year to troubleshoot customer issues, or to test/validate new functionalities in close cooperation with engineering colleagues and/or our key supplier.
- Good (English) communication skills, able to explain highly complex issues at various levels.
- Basic usage skills in Matlab or Python.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Integration, Analysis, Optics, Test rig, lab, PERT, TPS, TAR, Escalation handling
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.