You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Quality Engineer
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a quality engineer you take responsibility for providing insight into the quality of the department’s development processes and deliverables. This includes driving quality improvements in reporting, way of working, tools, root cause analysis, and training. You also have the opportunity to help shape a new quality role within a design and development organization.
Education and experience
Education required in the following or similar disciplines or equivalent experience. Applied Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, industrial, manufacturing or Mechatronic Engineering with requisite years of work experience as outlined below:
- Bachelors with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Masters with minimum 2 years’ experience.
- PhD with minimum 1 year experience.
Minimum qualifications- the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Minimum number of years of relevant experience (see above).
- Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools like Microsoft office suites. Especially, deep data analysis using excel and its macros.
- Commanding knowledge of English (verbal and written).
- Works in medium sized teams. Assists junior engineers (1-2 FTE). Independently working as a Quality specialist. Able to motivate, steer small teams (3-5 people, e.g. RCA)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, documents and engineering drawings.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Drive for continuous improvement and making use of the lessons learned.
- Convince others of your ideas.
- Change management skills.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
- Ability to multi-task and efficient in time management.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and a good communicator.
- Result driven, good organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team(s).
- Drive for continuous improvement; making use of the lessons learned.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.