You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Source Laser Integrator (Metrology)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy teamwork, sharing a vision and solving problems using creative thinking? If so you will enjoy ASML. It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth, especially when you are a true self-starter, and like making contact with different disciplines at different levels. Within ASML the Sector Development & Engineering (DE) is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements.
The department EUV Source Laser is responsible for delivering the specification, design, integration and validation of the Laser system which is key part of the EUV Source.
Role and responsibilities
As a Source Laser Beam Measurement and Control (BMC) integrator you are responsible for integrating the metrology and controls modules within the source laser system. You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a team in the BMC Agile Release Train. The integrator will take care for driving and execution of the right side of the V-model in which you qualify and validate the BMC modules to its design specifications as specified in EDS/SDS. In case specifications are not met, you will interact with a complex landscape of stakeholders in which you will present the root cause of the performance issues in a clear and concise manner.
You will be a member of the Source Laser integration group and will work according the Agile process in the metrology wagon. Your main Responsibilities will be:
- Design and own Source Laser system test plan for the FFM part (PERT)
- Secure quality of new deliverables by early de-risking and qualification (TPS/TAR)
- (Data) Analyze the FFM to validate whether the system performs up to specification.
- Troubleshoot the FFM to determine the root cause when a system does not perform up to specification.
- Define the FFM qualification strategy
- Define tests to determine FFM performance or to obtain additional data to find root causes.
- Test and Integrate solutions in both factory and field systems
- Document tests and investigations and communicate findings to stakeholders of the team.
- Provide the right follow up and make sure the new learnings land in a structural solution.
- Knowledge sharing within the team and with external stakeholders.
- Use & improve on off-line tooling (MATLAB/python) for data analysis.
Education and experience
- MSc or PhD in engineering or physics, preferably related to optical and / or metrology systems.
- 3+ years of experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, preferably within ASML.
- Knowledge and understanding of optical phenomena and metrology within the source laser.
- Knowledge of the EUV Source laser and metrology is preferred.
- Several years of experience within an integration environment is preferable.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Works well in a team
- Shows true end-to-end ownership
- Strong self-propelling behavior.
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality
- Used to take initiative to reach difficult goals.
- Able to cooperate in a high stress environment
- Flexibility in work schedule when troubleshooting and test execution may be required.
- Willing to travel once or twice a year to troubleshoot customer issues, or to test/validate new functionalities in close cooperation with engineering colleagues and/or our key supplier.
- Good (English) communication skills, able to explain highly complex issues at various levels.
- Basic usage skills in Matlab or Python.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.