You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS DUV - Competence Engineering Group Leader
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Sector Information The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. The goal of CS DUV Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this. Position in the Organization The CS DUV Engineering department focuses on (technical) service engineering. The CS DUV Engineering Bottom & Layout and Top, Optics & Metro clusters are focused on the different modules of the DUV systems. The holder of this position supports a team of competency engineers within one of the two clusters and reports to the respective CS DUV Engineering cluster-manager in Veldhoven.
Role and responsibilities
In the position of CS DUV Engineering Group Leader, you and your team empower efficient, flawless and pro-active operations in the field for current and future Service, Upgrade and Relocation products agreements. To make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job, you support the team of competency engineers in the following activities: pro-actively improving and maintaining the Service MIX, driving solutions for identified field issues within the CS team or via the cross-sectoral project teams for both HVM and NPI, reviewing and maintaining solutions on field readiness, sharing knowledge with counterparts and maintaining a Functional Landscape per FC that shows the status of the service readiness of today and the service roadmap for tomorrow. All to secure that our field offices are able to meet their contracts with our customers today and tomorrow, both from a performance and cost perspective.Above all, you are responsible for managing and motivating the team of CS DUV engineers and will use your leadership and teamwork skills to optimize team performance, develop individuals, grow the team, solve problems and realize group objectives.
- You lead a group of approximately 10 engineers. Your focus is on their development and employability, on cooperation and the realization of the group objectives;
- You continuously coach and mentor your team to success, provide direction, instructions and guidance, manage performance and develop talents;
- You know your team members' strengths, weaknesses and motivations; support them in their development and allow a visible growth. You prioritize and allocate team members to activities that matches individual profiles and development plans;
- You define and implement the skill and resource roadmap for your group and you are capable to maintain a stable focus;
You support and enable the team to realize planned results and commitments towards our stakeholders, both within CS and towards the cross-sector projects;
- You monitor and decide on allocation of finances to remain within budget restrictions. You identify and justify budget claims and recruit the right team members;
- You support and help to define the cluster and department improvement roadmaps;
- You are the Customer Support Competency Engineering representative and have discussions about the WOW and/or processes that we’re involved in and drive and secure the CS needs;
- You continuously show Lean Leadership behavior, in particular: lead from understanding: encourage courageous conversations to seek simplicity, recognize those who create customer value, increase the quality perceived by internal/external customer and structurally improve and embed processes.
Education and experience
MSc (or BSc with relevant experience) in Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or IC manufacturing or equivalent specializations.
- Strong analytical skills, track record in teambuilding, stakeholder management;
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience as an Engineer or Supervisor in a CS support department for high tech products;
- At least 3 years of ASML experience with supervisory and project coordination experience is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills;
- Ability to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting;
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level;
- Analytical ability with a pro-active and pragmatic attitude;
- Self-driven, flexible and taking initiative;
- Highly stress-resistant;
- Fluent in English writing and speaking.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Home base for this Group Leader position is Veldhoven, The Netherlands. Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.