You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Industrialisation Engineer - Availability/diagnostics
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
If you enjoy system level thinking and want to influence the industrialization maturity of our systems by enabling good diagnoses and verification of Availability the position of System Industrialization Engineer Availability & Diagnostics could be the perfect job for you.
Availability performance is key for our customers. In EUV we need to urgently get the availability numbers up in support of volume production, and costs of service reduction. Diagnostics is one of the key elements to improve availability. As Availability & Diagnostic Engineer you have a central role in making this happen both for new introductions as well as installed base. Influencing the system design to ensure fast uptime again for our world-wide customers.
Your focus will be on System Level with the first direction towards Optics.
Role and responsibilities
The Availability & diagnostic group looks for Availability diagnostics & reliability solutions to maximize uptime of our systems for our customers and drive MTTR (mean time to repair) & MTTD (meantime to diagnose) to target.
The main driver is to increase the robustness of our products and processes with a strong focus on ASML Product Improvement within New Product and Sustaining projects.
Within these projects you will focus on:
- Product: Define and contributeD&E use cases to diagnostic architecture
- People: Lead and train D&Eto provide and maintain effective and qualitative diagnostics
- Support the Programs indefining and increasing their diagnostic capabilities
- Process: Develop, deploy andsecure the end-to-end design for diagnostics
- Define and maintain processesfor adding and maintaining diagnostic content and functionality to systemlevel diagnostic tools
- Define Operation's feedbackloop for measuring and improving diagnostics capabilities
- Competence Maturity: Strive toreach and maintain high maturity level Investigate, standardize andindustrialize emerging technologies for diagnostics purposes
- Develop and maintain DiagnosticsExperts network for all D&E sites
You will interface with line and program level stakeholders within a broad scope of sectors (D&E, System Engineering, factory and Customers Support) and use your expertise to inform the Product Development Manager, Product Cluster Manager, System Engineering, Project Leader and Project Architect. You will report to the AV Engineering and Diagnostics Group Leader.
Education and experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related degrees.
- >3 years’ experience in amultidisciplinary technical environment.
- Proven track record withService activities and specifically diagnostics and calibrations (RAMS).
- Broad scope (software,mechanics, electronics, IT infrastructure, Customer Support).
- Capable of doing analysis onnew design to define the critical availability areas that need improvementto meet specs.
- Familiar with Designarchitecture and/or service processes.
- Knowledge about data structureand modeling.
- Used to work in time and/orbudget driven project environments.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience with new productintroductions
- Able to prioritize
- Able to delegate
- Able to predict potentialissues based on designs (SPS/SDS/EPDS/etc.)
- Good communicative skills
- Persuasive towards stakeholders
- Able to use a pragmaticapproach
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- System Engineering (SE)
- PL Availability/Diagnostics
- PL Sequence/CT
- Sequence Integrators
- PI Integration project(PL/STE/UI)
- DE/FC architects
- EUV operations (CS/EF)
The EUV DE (Development & Engineering) SID (System Industrialization Department) department is responsible for driving the design and actual performance of Cycle Time Availability to meet customer expectations at reduced manufacturing, service and upgrade cost for ASML. We own the design and integration of system sequences to enable early and shared learning for manufacturing, service and upgrade of EUV systems to predict Availability towards our customers.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.