You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Intern - CRL
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you the goal oriented, driven, flexible person that likes to achieve the best performance possible in a high tech environment. Then the function of Cleanroom Logistics (CRL) might be the job for you.
The department Cleanroom Logistics is responsible for streamlining both the incoming and outgoing physical and administrative material flow. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within this manufacturing environment.
The mission of the CRL is to arrange a flawless material flow within the WF Factory, both administrative and physical.
You will report to the group leader and perform your work in the cleanroom.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensures on time material delivery.
- Identifies and communicates deviations both in quantity, article nr. (12NC) and scheduled delivery time.
- Takes necessary correcting actions after identifying deviations.
- Pick, book factory make items to order, from cleanroom inventory.
- Manage inventory at the work center.
- Book material from and to inventory.
- Weekly based inventory count.
- Resolving picking errors, incorrect deliveries, general administrative issue in cooperation with the Warehouse Operation Support, Production Planner, cleaning etc.
- Correct and quick dispatching of materials requested by production as replacement for defect parts or for analysis purposes.
Material return flow:
- Return parts to the warehouse.
- Return rejected production parts.
- Commit to and continuously improve the standards by initiating improvements and eliminating waste from the process where possible.
- Supports good teamwork by searching for solutions and ideas by working together with colleagues, involving them in day to day activities and sharing knowledge to improve.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant logistical experience.
- High tech affinity.
- Experience with ERP system is a must Specific SAP experience is an advantage.
- Independent, proactive, team player, good communication skills, and flexible.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our