You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechatronics Controls Engineer Intern
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
No experience (Student)
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a mechatronics engineer intern to support current and future generation EUV RS modules. This person will report into the D&E WT RRU E HiNA RS SS & Motors. The internship will focus on topics related to electromagnetic actuators and/or high precision ceramics assemblies.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The job requires a strong technical individual contributor to:
- Interface and work alongside local experienced engineers on real-life technical topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate the objective and results of the tasks.
- Technically own and drive the assigned tasks.
- Autonomously gather the necessary information from literature and local experts, propose options in order to meet the target.
- Interface and collaborate with other contributors in multi-disciplined teams.
- Write technical documents to capture the information generated in the execution of the tasks.
- Create and manage simple plans for the assigned deliverables.
Education and experience
- Current active students in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Mechatronic, Physics or equivalent experience.
- Must be a Junior or above.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics- demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills- ability to communicate effectively to your team and to stakeholders anywhere in the world.
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups, and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through, and keep multiple projects on schedule.
- Possess a creative mind in order to find novel design solutions.
- Have strong problem solving skills in order to debug highly complex technical issues.
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.