You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
D&E - High Tech Java Developer - Linkou
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
When people think ‘software’, they often think of companies like Google or Microsoft. Even though ASML is classified as a hardware company, we in fact have one of the world´s largest and most pioneering Java communities. The ASML Javaenvironment is extremely attractive for prospective Java engineers because it combines big data with extreme complexity. From data retrieval to machine learning to full stack development, the possibilities are endless. At ASML, our Java teams create and implement software designs that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, helping our customers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC make computer chips faster, smaller, and more efficient. Here, we’re always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are always looking for talented Java developers who know how to apply the latest Java SE or Java EE technologies, to join the teams responsible for creating software for high volume manufacturing automation in semiconductor fabs. Could this be your next job? Apply now!
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products. Taking advantage of customer and manufacturing proximity, the D&E Applications of the ASML Center of Excellence (ACE) is located in Linkou, Taiwan
Role and responsibilities
As a Java developer you will join one of our multinational Scrum teams to create state-of-the-art software solutions. Teams are composed of five to ten developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to following a (scaled) Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use tools like Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested software; because failures in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
All these dedicated Java teams work in unison on different products and platforms across ASML. Here’s a brief description of what the different Java teams do:
- Create software infrastructure using Java EE, which provides access to SQL and NoSQL storage, reliably manages job queues with switch-over and fail-over features, periodically collects information from networked systems in the Fab and offers big-data-like storage and computational capabilities;
- Create on-site solutions that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer’s domain. The server can detect system failures before they happen and identify needed corrective actions.
- Provide industrial automation tasks that take care of unattended complex adjustments to the manufacturing process, in order to enable highest yields in high volume manufacturing;
- Implement and validate algorithms that give our customers the power to reach optimal results during manufacturing;
- Create applications that help fine-tune the manufacturing process, helping process engineers to navigate the complexities of process set-up through excellent UX design.
- Create visualization and analytics applications for visual performance monitoring, which also help to sift through huge amounts of data to pinpoint potential issues and solutions. The analytics applications have a microservice based architecture with web micro-frontends connecting to the (restful) APIs of microservices deployed at the backend. The main frontend technologies are React, Redux and Saga. The main backend technologies are Java and Spring Boot.
- Select and manage IT infrastructure that helps us run the software on a multi-blade server with plenty of storage. In this area, we use virtualization technologies (such as VM and Docker containers)Linux, Python and Splunk. In addition to Java.
- Use emerging technologies to turn vision into reality, e.g. using big data and machine learning;
- Designing and implementing software, working on the product backlog defined by the Product Owner;
Ensuring the quality of personal deliverables by designing and implementing automated tests on unit and integration levels;
- Cooperating with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture;- and agreeing on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries;
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, and solving integration issues both from internal alpha and beta tests as well as those reported by our customers;
- Writing or updating product documentation in accordance with company processes;
- Suggesting improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implementing them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders
Education and experience
At least 4 years of Java SE or Java EE development experience;
Design and development of server-side software using object-oriented paradigm;
Creation of automated unit and integration tests using mocks and stubs;
Working with Continuous Integration;
Working as a part of a Scrum team.
Experience with the following is a plus:
Creation of web-based user interface;
Affinity with math, data science or machine learning.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
First of all, you’re passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
You’re analytical, and product- and quality-oriented.
You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver.
You’re open open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
You’re an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
You take ownership and you support your team - you’re the backbone of your group.
You’re client and quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Knowledge of distributed computing systems, practical experience
Experienced in build and release infrastructure, Maven, Nexus, Bamboo, GitHub
Experience in Frontend development ReactJS, Redux, Saga
Developed Microservices, considerable experience with Spring Boot
Experience with database technologies such as SQL, MongoDB
Experience with distributed message queues/logs such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
Understand inter process communication and JVM peculiarities.
Experienced Java EE developer, fluent in Java 8, Java 11
Experience with modern technology introduction @ zero downtime including data migration
Fan of automatic testing and qualification, if can be part of CI/CD pipeline.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.