You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
We are looking for software engineers who have a passion for designing and coding software for a distributed control system.Join ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create world class EUV technology within ASML.
You will work with software and control system engineers in an Agile team as you develop software in response to the system requirement and design documents. You will get to participate in designing for excellence, keeping in mind all the –cities and –abilities like reusability, modularity, simplicity, maintainability, In addition you will determine the best test methodologies, and contribute in all aspects of the software development, build, test and release cycle.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a Software Design Engineer your responsibility includes:
- Working in a team of highly skilled software and cross functional engineers responsible for delivering software solutions that enables the ever-increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology.
- Using Agile methodology to develop the software using C++ and Python.
- Creating designs and Implement code that are modular, scalable, robust and meet customer requirements.
- Perform unit testing and on target testing to ensure the software meets the high-quality standards our customers expect.
- Evaluation of technical issues, risks, and dependencies for projects.
- Interfacing with stakeholders to gather a complete understanding of their requirements.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- You will also participate in continuous process improvement activities aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout software development lifecycle are increasing the team’s ability to develop high quality software in the most efficient manner.
Education and experience
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, or other related eng or science fields.
- MS in relevant field is a plus.
- 0-5 years of related software development experience.
- Proven ability in coding / programming in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS).
- Curious and current on emerging software methodologies.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.