You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechatronics engineer DUV optical column
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Role and responsibilities
ASML DUV development and Engineering (D&E) is looking for a talented starter or an experienced mechatronics engineer who will contribute to the new product design and field issue resolution for the DUV Optical column (OC). You will work with multidisciplinary teams with mechanical, optical and electronic experts on the next generation optical elements and help solve challenging problems for our chip manufacturing customers.
The candidate is able to design mechatronics systems and able to perform and analyze experiments to verify new solution directions. Experience in piezo actuators is a plus but not a necessity.
Education and experience
- (Technical) University Master in Mechatronic system design/electrical engineering or similar with 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Broad knowledge of mechatronics system design.
- Fields of experience are mechatronics, sensor andactuator design and setting up innovative experiments and qualifications.
- Experience with issue resolution and troubleshooting ofa mechatronic system.
- Being able to translate insights in proposals forprototype designs.
- Experienced with Matlab, data analysis and populationstudies.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Driven to find pragmatic solutions, understand designchallenges based on customer needs and ability to tackle them with acritical independent mindset.
- Open to learning techniques outside of experiencefield.
- Good team player. Autonomous while driving to successin a highly skilled team of cross competence experts towards a commongoal.
- Good communication and reporting skills and goodknowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The OC mechatronics group is part of the Development and Engineering Department of ASML. This group develops new products to fill in technological gaps in the future roadmap of lithography and the lithography market and helps support costumers with complex field issues. Our focus is on Mechatronics systems that reduce the aberrations in the DUV Lens column using a variety of actuation principles e.g. piezo mechanical systems, pneumatic and thermal actuation. We work in small scrum teams and together deliver end-to-end solutions that are transferred for production to our main (lens) suppliers or directly to the customer.
Mechatronics, piezo, actuator, electro, mechanical, optical, control
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.