You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Team Lead NXE Mechanical Constructions
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved and are you able to inspire people? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to deploy complex mechanical projects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
Within ASML the Development & Engineering (D&E) organization is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The sector Mechanical Development (MD) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department EUV scanner the group Mechanical Layout EUV Systems is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
Position in the Organization
The teamlead reports to the group leader of the group Mechanical Layout EUV Systems and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
Lead, coach and grow a team of mechanical (lead) designers in project setting. The team specifies, designs and tests main frame constructions and service mechanisms within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
- Leading a team of 10-15 people (fix, flex and farmout)
- Creating and execute team plan to realize hardware deliverables according to the project plan
- Securing quality of team output both on design as documentation
- Solving problems based on deep and broad content knowledge
- Providing guidance on technical issues
- Representing “T” in QLTC project setting
- Managing risks and system requirements
- Managing expectations towards stakeholders
- Development of mechanical competence
- Supporting line manager on hiring, coaching, training, appraisals and workload assessments for individual team members
- Incorporation of externally designed modules from co-developers
- Supporting the production and customer engineering process.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters in Mechanical Engineering or comparable
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a Development and Engineering organization and at least 3 years of experience in leading design teams.
- Broad knowledge in mechanics (e.g. construction principles, statics, dynamics, thermal).
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts.
- Technical communication with suppliers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Organizational talent; pro-active attitude in getting information from stakeholders.
- Helicopter view; can easily determine priorities and main risks. Able to manage broad scope.
- Good communication skills; can easily cooperate with interfacing projects, other disciplines within the company and higher management.
- Motivate others, coaching and cooperate.
- Critical on results (both technical design solutions and documentation).
- Good analytical skills. Works structured.
- Deal with uncertainties.
- Able to build a diverse team and stimulate open communication and respect.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.