You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
We are Applications – a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create application products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (overlay, critical dimension, etc.) and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). Additionally, we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
As member of a strong multidisciplinary team you enjoy developing application products used in daily customer practice. These products relate to metrology solutions to be used in R&D and in high-volume manufacturing conditions.
The job includes the assessment and development of new technology and product directions in order to find solutions to application customer needs.
You deal with various challenging topics, covering a wide variety of competences such as semiconductor processing, electronic device architecture, scatterometry, mathematical algorithms including machine learning, and, ASML application products.
You will work in close collaboration with the customer, our development partners, and internal stakeholders.
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by customers. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
The job consists of following activities:
• Design, develop, and evaluate Metrology products in close collaboration with the customer.
• Perform data analysis with models and algorithms on customer data. Root cause finding.
• Create functional design proposals for improving the metrology performance.
• Participate actively in identifying future product features
• Traveling a few times per year to customers worldwide.
Your initial responsibilities will be adapted to your experience level. In case of little experience, adequate training will be provided for enabling your development to a higher engineer level.
Education and experience
• Master degree or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, with a solid background in some of the following fields: semiconductor process technology, signal processing, knowledge of the customer fab environment, statistics, data analysis, design for experiment, semi-conductor device physics, scatterometry, machine learning and optimization.
• Experience with industrial research & development semiconductor processes is a pre. Proficiency in Matlab, Python, C# or a similar language is essential.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.