You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior GPU Software Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
As a Senior GPU Software Engineer, you will design, develop, maintain, and support software components and common functionality for distributed computational lithography applications.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, development, and maintenance of GPU algorithms and functionality in distributed and multi-threaded applications.
- Analyze and improve performance and efficiency characteristics of software components used with the applications.
- Work with the system and application product engineering groups to define new common functionality and diagnose problems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
Education and experience
·PhD, Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
·3 years or more experience in C/C++ software development in a commercial setting.
·Knowledge of GPU architecture and CUDA programming
·Knowledge in parallel or multi-threaded (pthreads) and distributed programming.
·Experience with Linux network programming (TCP/IP service).
·Must be able to manage multiple activities in a dynamic environment.
·Must be able to present ideas and opinions clearly and support opinions with factual knowledge.
·Experience with the complete software development process: requirements documentation, design documentation, functional specification, coding, test plans, etc.
·Knowledge of and experience with system and application performance tuning.
·Knowledge of and experience with large scale software debugging and troubleshooting.
·Can learn and apply new information or skills.
·Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
·Experience in EDA (electronic design automation) software industry is preferred.
·Working knowledge with cluster resource management systems such as Platform LSF, SGE, or PBS is preferred.
·Experience with performance analysis, software quality, and diagnostic tools is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent team, communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work independently and think ‘outside the box’.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.)
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require domestic and international travel dependent on business needs(less than 5%).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.