You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sourcing Lead- Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, capability, and risk, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, CT facility to join our Procurement team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and contribute to management of an overall commodity supply base to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
The key duties involved in this position include:
- Leads an Account Team in managing a portfolio of key suppliers.
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from Account Team meetings.
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately.
- Drives supplier selection activities by chairing/participating in one or more Wilton Sourcing Teams.
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated contracts.
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML.
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction.
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts.
- Monitors supplier financial health.
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent.
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process.
- Supports supply base rationalization within the commodity.
- Helps drive closure on corrective action requests to suppliers.
- Participates in supplier audits and drives closure of findings.
- Ability to travel domestically (occasionally) and internationally (less frequently) is required.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related) or Engineering is required or equivalent experience.
- An MBA is strongly preferred.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in supplier management preferably in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred, especially within mechanics categories (machining, sheetmetal, fasteners, precision assembly, large frames, etc.).
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Negotiation skills are critical.
- Candidate needs to be able to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job.
- Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.