You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Diagnostics architect in Source Laser
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Data science, Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Would you like to understand and improve a complex high power laser system? Do you have a creative way of thinking and do you like to be challenged technically and personally in a dynamic environment? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV Source Laser department! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth.
As a diagnostics Architect you are setting the directions for the future developments and drive the work of a multidisciplinary product development team (software, Data Science, physics and industrialization) that develops and improves the diagnostics of the Source Laser system in the EUV Source.
Make it easy to diagnose for the operator, stable and reliable, achieve short time to market and rapid update cycles when needed. In this process you will be involved in creation and improving the diagnostics for the systems in the field as well as influence the new designs. Your ideas and solutions will land in the roadmap on diagnostics from which the next developments will be derived. The main focus will be on the growth of the performance diagnostics while you also will support other architects on the equipment diagnostic aspects in the roadmap.
During these activities, you will be cooperating with other disciplines and sectors. It is expected that you will guide the team in discussing design aspects, analyzing system problems and opportunities, and defining and documenting the work. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community: you will interact daily with 4,000 like-minded professionals.
Role and responsibilities
- You drive the longer term goals and direction for the multidisciplinary team.
- You set direction for the team on competence growth and balance between short term solutions and longer term improvements
- You interface with stakeholders of the team, both in the department and in other sectors.
- You work productively with both junior and senior subject matter experts.
- Define solution directions for main challenges related to the source laser.
- Drive the implementation of system requirements in modules within the source laser, and make sure the design process is followed.
- Drive executing and documenting tests and investigations according to ASML guidelines.
Education and experience
MSc physics, data science or software development
5-10 year industry experience in multi-disciplinary development preferably within ASML; knowledge of the EUV source (laser) is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to create overview and understand the operation principle of the complex source laser system.
- Well-disciplined in all aspects of the design process.
- Drive decisions, while staying aligned in a complex stakeholder field; comfortable to take initiative to reach difficult goals.
- Good analytical skills and capable of bringing together complex work.
- A strong focus on structural improvement and quality.
- Good (English) communication skills in technical and managerial interactions.
- Creative, Pragmatic, self-propelling and can-do mentality.
Team player, amplifies/makes effective use of the creativity and problem solving power in the team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.