You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Equipment Engineer (Mechanical)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The Equipment Engineering team, leads new product introduction (NPI) to our customer service (CS) organization and provides the means and methods to operate, troubleshoot and maintain the ASML system. As an equipment engineer you will be working in a cross-functional team to ensure a new product meets performance criteria such as serviceability, reliability and availability. You will develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the product and provide feedback to the design team on improving the product. During new product introduction towards customer service you will provide support during first integration and on-site to validate the product and provide the required training to enable success at the customer site.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Works with design staff concerning product software andcontrols design and reliable and efficient operation of controlssystem/diagnostic/GUI to decrease availability impact.
- Participates in sub-system design reviews and evaluatesthe new product designs for serviceability, quality, and reliability.
- Identifying potential points of failure and mitigatingactions
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future servicerequirements.
- Coordinates service activities between Engineering andCustomer Service.
- Participates as a member of cross-functional projectteams.
- Maintains databases for reliability and availability.
- Ensures proper diagnostic capability to point to issueroot causes effectively.
- Assists in conducting time and efficiency studies anddevelops improved processes based on findings.
- Participates in Alpha testing in our factories toprepare for customer roll-out.
- Coordinates and supports beta test software activitiesto flow through customer service.
- Coordinates change and deviation activities to getproperly introduced through the CS organization.Maintains trackrecord.
- Coordinates and supports escalations during NPI phasebetween CS and engineering.
- Investigates and reports on root cause analysis andfollows up with corrective actions.
- Implements containment and corrective actions.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on defined metrics (testdata, Dead On Arrival (DOA) data, availability data, etc.) at a definedinterval.
- Assists in evaluating and analyzing data acquiredduring test using programs such as MS Excel, MS Access, JMP, and Lab View.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering discipline(mechanical, electrical, controls) and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced experience using one or more of the followingsoftware packages: Excel, MS Access, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR,and Agile.
- LabVIEW, Visual Basic and Java programming knowledgeare desired but not required.
- Statistical/6-Sigma experience preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and writing skills;
- Able to manage and communicate with stakeholders acrossdifferent regions of the world;
- Proficient presentation skills;
- Proficient in MS office suite applications.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.