You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Manager ESG Sustainability Strategy
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
As an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry, ASML wants to take its responsibility and be a top performer on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Sustainability. We are on a journey to have net zero emissions in our value chain by 2040 and to have zero waste from our operations to landfill an incineration by 2030. In addition, we want to provide an attractive and inclusive workplace for all and take care of people in our value chain and communities around our sites. To achieve these ambitious goals, we are transforming our organization to fully anchor ESG sustainability in the way we do business.
Are you a strategic thinker who is able to effectively work in a broad network of senior business stakeholders to build longer-term strategies, roadmaps and execution plans to achieve our ambitions? Do you also have what it takes to translate these intellectually interesting ideas on paper into concrete improvements that help us to e.g. reduce energy use and our emissions, reduce our waste, improve our diversity &inclusiveness and make a positive impact in our communities? Do you aspire to create a lasting impact of ASML in the dynamic, rapidly changing semiconductor industry?
If yes – we welcome you to apply for a position in our team!
Role and responsibilities
As part of this transformation to achieve our ESG objectives, we are expanding the ESG sustainability teams in the business, as well as the corporate ESG sustainability team. The corporate ESG Sustainability team sets direction, orchestrates and monitors performance on material ESG themes. The team is organized in ‘Strategy’ and ‘Program Management’; this role is part of the ESG Sustainability Strategy team.
ASML’s strategy on ESG sustainability is built around 9 main themes:
- Environment: (1) energy efficiency & climate action and (2) circular economy
- Social: (3) attractive workplace for all, (4) responsible supply chain, (5) innovation ecosystem and (6) valued partner in our communities
- Governance: (7) integrated governance, (8) engaged stakeholders, (9) transparent reporting
Across these themes, we collaborate with stakeholders in the business to develop KPIs and programs to deliver on our ESG Sustainability ambitions. Your mission is to develop longer-term strategies, roadmaps and execution plans across these themes, to help ASML succeed in our ambitions.
In this context, your responsibilities include:
- Lead strategic initiatives on sustainability
- Set theme level strategy and develop high impact KPIs
- Engage with senior leaders to embed and prioritize ESG sustainability drivers in the way we do business
- Identify concrete improvement opportunities
- Develop roadmaps and projects for specific improvement options
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to accelerate progress & clear bottlenecks
- Help quantify the benefits of our initiatives and contribution to our ambitions – e.g. our Net Zero roadmap
Education and experience
8+ years of relevant experience in (Sustainability) strategy, preferably in a corporate, technology-related environment
- Master-level education in a relevant field, Engineering background is a ‘pre’
- Strategy background– either as consultant or in-house
- Sustainability experience
- Advanced English skills
- High-tech Industry experience is a ‘pre’
- Outstanding professional in the area of strategy & corporate development with focus on sustainability
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to interact with senior business leaders and experts within a large international company
- Highly analytical combined with strong business sense
- Problem-solver and systems thinker with strong delivery capability
- Ambitious talent, with high potential and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced technology environment
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven individual who thrives on establishing and managing sustainable value creation initiatives in a technically innovative environment. With your strong analytical and consultative skills you are highly successful in your field and ready to take on the next challenge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML’s Board of management is responsible for ESG Sustainability. You will be part of the ESG Sustainability Strategy team, working in close collaboration with our Program management and business stakeholders. You will report to the ESG Sustainability Strategy director.
Our team is based in Veldhoven, we have adopted hybrid working: we work both from the office and from home. In this position you will be travelling internationally up to 5% of your time.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation to apply for this role.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.