You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Tax Manager APAC
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Being part of the tax and customs team, you’ll face demanding challenges, in a fast paced dynamic environment at the hearth of the semiconductor business and do what is good for the ASML.
ASML’s Corporate Tax & Customs Team (T&C) reports to the Finance Organization, where T&C is part of the Expert & Advisory area. Together with Treasury, Accounting and Legal, T&C team will provide integrated advice to the ASML business and stakeholders.
You will manage tax affairs in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia and provide support on Korean tax matters and will be involved in cross regional projects, jointly with the tax professionals in the T&C team.
You will work closely with ASML tax specialists in the areas of transfer pricing, VAT and customs. The Tax Manager has internal interfaces with all ASML departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outside counsel and consultants, tax authorities in various jurisdictions and other (governmental) institutes.
Role and responsibilities
- Support of the tax affairs in, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, (on ad hoc basis) Korea and be the point of contact for the business and other stakeholders, working in an integrated way with other experts within ASML.
- Ensure management of required domestic tax compliance and quarterly tax reporting in the region, in joined cooperation with SSC Asia (Korea) and local finance teams;
- Support of various regional tax projects and numerous outside consultants to maximize the benefits of the use of outside consultant and manage that your projects are completed timely, within scope, within budget and fulfill the requirements of the project.
- Manage tax audits and tax exposure and provide an efficient tax planning for region / continent based on future developments.
- Support and execute the global tax strategy of the ASML group of companies and contribute to a proper tax infrastructure in order to manage and reduce tax exposures;
- Provide efficient tax advice to senior management based on expected future developments;
- Participate in cross-sector projects as representative of the APAC Tax Team;
- Advise on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and other taxes; and
- Ensure the management and completion of various regional tax projects and ensure project deliverables are completed timely, within scope and within budget;
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or related major.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in related area.
- CPA and/or CTA.
- Tax Master course would be preferred
- In-house experience or account firm experience is preferred.
- Experience and/or strong involvement in direct and indirect tax advisory and tax compliance in Korea having global experience (Europe, Asia etc) would be a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible, proactive and communicative personality who is able to act as a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busy technology environment;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate and convince people;
- Able to develop a vision and execute accordingly, able to weigh risks and benefits and act on these, be a self-starter and work in a team;
- Pro-active and flexible planning;
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style while being part of a big organization;
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines;
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization;
- Able to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas;
- A strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium and long-term);
- Team player with a flexible & pro-active attitude;
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing environment; and,
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Working location : Hwasung, Korea– Remote working is possible for 2 days per week.
Some International travel and annual travel to the Dutch based HQ is required.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.