You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Head of Account Management Europe
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. The Company designs, develops, integrate, markets and services these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Cymer is an independently operated business within the ASML group that develops, manufactures and services deep-ultraviolet (DUV) light sources. The product portfolio includes excimer lasers using argon fluoride (ArF) or krypton fluoride (KrF) gases to generate light in the deep-ultraviolet spectrum. These lasers generate the light that photolithography scanners use to image patterns on silicon wafers. The research, development and manufacturing of DUV light sources is centered in San Diego, U.S.A.
To strengthen the Account Management organization in Europe, Cymer is looking forward to get in touch with qualified candidates for the position of HEAD ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT EUROPE (based in The Netherlands).
Role and responsibilities
Responsible for successfully leading the Europe Cymer division Account Management team while managing all aspects of the division’s relationship with the assigned (strategic) accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and profitable market share potential.
Ensures that the Company value proposition is effectively articulated to the customer (either personally or through other Account Team members) to maximize customers’ perceived value of Cymer division’s product portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs account management activities within the Europe region, including strategic accounts based in Germany andthe Netherlands.
- Responsible for Cymer division’s overall success with the assigned accounts.
- Develops appropriate account strategies, working together with account team members.
- Develops appropriate business continuity roadmap in alignment with Cymer’s product and customer roadmap.
- Accountable to meet cross-functional account goals and target in within responsible customer accounts in alignment Cymer’s corporate priorities.
- Manages account business essentials including forecast, sales, account margin, product roadmap, warranty and service. Responsible for achievement of revenue and incoming PO target and takes necessary action immediately if needed.
- Maintains or increases market share of our products in assigned accounts.
- Drive installed base business opportunities (e.g., upgrades, service levels) for better customer value deliver.
- Negotiates on behalf of the Cymer division for pricing, lead-time, new product etc.
- Performs situation analysis and strategic planning, in keeping with Cymer processes and roadmaps, to incorporate customers’ requirements and Cymer value-added opportunities.
- Ensures that all Cymer division employee’s interactions with accounts support the Strategic Plan.
- Builds & maintains relationships with all levels for customers’ decision-maker network (economic, technical, user buyers).
- Understands customers’ culture, product portfolio, competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organization structure, key decision makers, installed base, and Cymer competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Updates and communicates account plan and its KPI commitments on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for account required operation review materials to be reported on time.
- Analyzes market share by gathering information about competitor’s shipments. Obtains accurate information about competitors, market, and capital spending plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in sales, account management, marketing, sales promotion, or strategic planning in the semiconductor capital equipment business and a minimum of 5 years direct supervisory experience.
- Front-end semiconductor process technology knowledge.
- Capability of analysis and understanding of generic P&L statements.
- Engineering background is preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is a must, preferably in Dutch, German and/or French.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
General leadership and manage teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Product, sales, or marketing management experience.
- Familiar with new product introductions, key account management, and working with field professionals.
Cross-functional or matrix management experience.
- Semiconductor manufacturing or semiconductor capital equipment management experience.
- Professional business manner, appearance, and personal maturity is required.
- Ability to explain to others logically the problem in order to achieve appropriate understanding and cooperation from supporting team.
- Ability to make accurate forecasts and to reconcile results to the forecast.
- Must be a self-starter with ambition and initiative, be a team player, and be able to make a good first impression.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) via air and auto at least 50% of the time.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can work under deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive, collaboration and initiatives are highly valued.
Fulltime and permanent position based at Cymer’s location in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions. Please add a personal motivation letter to this application.