You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Competency Group Leader
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, upgrade, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customer within the specific region.
The competency group leader is responsible for the unscheduled down management, the Mean time to diagnose reduction and fleet monitoring operational implementation and usage. The competency team supports the FAB operation teams as well as the installation teams.
- The competency group leader position reports to the competency manager.
- Lead a team of competency engineers with various work and shift schedule.
- Own the performance your team and make plans to improve.
- With your team, maintain a detailed plan to train and upskill the engineers on shift.
- Meet with each member of your team for consistent 1-1 with the focus on technical training and career growth.
- Drive team knowledge and capability by creating and taking advantage of training opportunities at different ASML factories and sites.
- Define and refine operational process by adapting current Best In Class practices for our customer and site.
- Drive team continuous improvement plans on your shift and align improvements on other shifts.
- Create and maintain clear Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboard reflecting team and performances.
- Support your team during escalations if no progress is being made.
- Drive TOPx structural issues identification and secure delivery timing.
- Interface with Customer and internal stakeholders daily.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
- 5+ years of industry experience with 2 or more years in a leadership position
- Understanding of project management and general logistics processes is an advantage.
- Experience with Lean philosophies would be valuable but not required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- People Development skills to drive the development of people, providing coaching and feedback.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Ability to build and extend trust.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition, and accountability.
- Advanced analytic and problem-solving skills, pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is necessary.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the Position:
- Role within Office and will require international travel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Work can be conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Position will require travel up to 30%.
- Position will require access to customer site locations.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.