You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS Infrastructure Capability Manager
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As an SBD Expert you are the point of contact for the ASML Customer Support organization and application user community (when the knowledge base and key users cannot support them). Your role is a mix of Run the Business (RtB), by solving escalation with your expert area and being a single point of contact for 1 or more local sites, and Change the Business (CtB), by bringing real life examples and input into the design of new applications.
Your main responsibilities are to ensure that support calls are picked up and handled to the satisfaction of our end-users and within given KPI’s, maintain frequent communication with the local sites assigned to you, update the knowledge bases, participate in user acceptance tests (UAT’s) and to participate as required in the Capability Group you are supporting. Working hours need to fit the time window for which the USA team is responsible. To cover our support responsibilities, participation in a ‘standby’ duty schedule might be part of the job.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as an Expert, you
- Represent the SBD work stream for one or more local sites for new site readiness.
- Answer questions of CS engineers.
- Prioritize, diagnose, solve and/or escalate issues.
- Follow up with CS engineers to ensure that issues have been resolved.
- Interface with application experts, business application owners and service providers (e.g. IT, development).
- Administrate call progress in our call management system.
- Align with CS engineers through a series of actions (mainly by email/telephone/Skype).
- Support the roll-out of new/changed applications.
- Establish a good working relationship with CS engineers (especially within your continent).
- Train Key users.
- Execute functional maintenance tasks.
- Document internal procedures and work instructions.
- Participate in the emergency phone system duty schedule.
- Will perform the needed travel (Up to 25%) for training (giving/receiving), aligning, executing work at local office or customers premises.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as an expert role, in addition to the above, you
- Gather CS requirements (that are input for the CS roadmaps and projects).
Align with CS local offices and local CS management, including making arrangements on beta-testing (e.g. User Acceptance Tests).
- Test and roll-out improvements.
- Participate in projects that develop new and/or affect existing functionality. Your primary responsibility is to provide the knowledge on the CS way of working and the functional support needs such that the project results will seamlessness integrate with the needs of the users. Your input will safeguard our team requirements with respect to serviceability and maintainability of the application/infrastructure.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience. Analytical trouble shooting abilities.
- 2 years or more experience working in an application support role in an international setting, preferably in a high tech industry with worldwide coverage. Knowledge of the ASML way of working in general and the CS way of working specifically is of added value to this position.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Specific for this position:
- Emphasis on skills in BI (Business Intelligence) and DWH (Data WareHouse)
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written);
- Driven, analytical and a team player;
- Customer focused, service, support and result driven;
- Capable of dealing with a very broad range of (technical) subjects;
- Ability to switch to from ‘firefighting’ to ‘helicopter view’ easily;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Able to drive, steer and convince others (influencing without power);
- Able to write clear requirement specifications and application documentation;
- Knowledge of business information systems as used by CS or able obtain that knowledge quickly;
- Able to build strong networks;
- Cultural awareness;
- Ability to quickly master the business context of automation tools;
- Willingness to travel (both foreign and domestic), can be ~25% of the time;
- Flexibility in work hours to secure worldwide coverage / support.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.