You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Release Train Engineer
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Optical engineering, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you have the mindset and skills to guide the execution in the Agile Release Train of the Development and Engineering Stage Position Measurement (SPM) department? Do you have the technical understanding to be a partner for the Chief Product Owners and the Project Leaders of SPM? And do you have the skills to find solutions for the challenges we face when making SAFe work in our multidisciplinary context with both hardware and software deliveries? If so, we need to talk. We have an exciting career opportunity in our SPM department.
The Stage Position Measurement department is responsible for functional development of nanometer position measurement solutions for Wafer and Reticle stage, for Reference axes and for Projection Optics mirrors. The SPM department currently has one Agile Release Train serving four ASML Business Lines.
Role and responsibilities
Your mission will be to ensure the SPM Agile Release Train is executing on their commitments and timely delivering according to the needs of the Business Line. To be successful, you work with the Scrum Masters to remove execution bottlenecks, facilitate the rituals of the Agile Release Train, create transparency by reporting and drive continuous improvement. You closely collaborate with the Chief Product Owner, Project Leaders and Group Leaders. Strong interpersonal communication skills are crucial in this multi-disciplinary and dynamic environment.
As an RTE in the SPM Agile Release Train you:
- Ensure the work committed by the teams in the running quarter is delivered on time matching the Long Term Planning
- Lead the Scrum Masters of SPM and work with them as a team
- Remove bottlenecks that prevent the teams from delivering
- Create transparency on the execution by reporting progress, output and keeping track of the ART’s performance metrics
- Facilitate as needed the agile rituals of the [email protected] operating model
- Drive continuous improvement of the execution by the SPM Agile Release Train
- Network with other RTE’s and agile coaches in ASML to create and exchange learnings and improve our operating model [email protected]
- Coach the teams and leaders (SM/PO) in their (scaled) agile roles and rituals.
- You are reporting to the SPM department manager
Education and experience
- MSc.or PhD. in Physics, mechanics, mechatronics, Electronics or Optics
- Managerial experience in project or agile execution, preferably within a technical environment
- Relevant experience in design of High-tech machine equipment
- At least 5 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Strong affinity with multidisciplinary and / or function teams with hardware content
- Candiddates preferably have a SAFe RTE certification
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have an execution focus and a can-do mentality
- You are a team builder with positive attitude
- You have good communication skills
- You have a learning mindset: open and ready for change, challenging the status quo
- You show creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.