You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS OEQ Product Owner Continuous Improvement
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Within the sector Customer Support (CS) the Operational Excellence and Quality (OEQ) team is responsible for all driving all activities around Operational Excellence, Quality, Continuous Improvement and Lean in the WW CS organization (~ 7000 FTE)
The OEQ department has a mission to support worldwide CS in their drive to improve the maturity, efficiency and/or quality of the Customer Support organization.
The CI team in OEQ Supports, enables and improves the activities of CS worldwide by focusing on lasting improvements in the areas of standardization, quality and efficiency.
The mission of the CS OEQ PO is to deliver robust solutions to our internal customers that improve operations towards operational excellence through process improvements, as well as securing adoption of these improvements
To reach our challenging targets on volumes and costs, Continuous Improvement is key.
We need to further expand the usage,standardization and improvement of the way we handle CI initiatives, from local (site) initiatives to world-wide BKM sharing and setting new standards.
How do we make sure that all our processes we use every day have a feedback loop in place and how can we make maximum use of what already works somewhere else? As a Product owner you set up and own the hexagon of the CI capability.
Next to this, there is an important role for the CI PO to make the link between CI initiatives and CS-wide programs as QUCD (Quality Up Cost Down) and Benefit Management.
In this role it is instrumental to have a passion for CI and have the capability to energize others with your positive drive, to spread the word and inspire colleagues around the world to join you in this journey.
In this role you will work in the CI PO team and interface with different multi-disciplinary stakeholders throughout the CS organization.
As a side assignment, the CI PO is also expected to contribute to specific CS4CS topics from a CI perspective.
Role and responsibilities
- You are responsible to focus on the end-to-end improvement potential of the Continuous Improvement process both in maturity and performance of the process.
- You drive the improvements regarding CI to target as agreed with the Program Manager
- Maintain overview of all running and future projects regarding the CI process (not the content of each CI individually)
- Use of different tools to gather insights in process gaps (VSM, other LEAN or Six Sigma tools)
- Determine priorities in cooperation with the Program Managers.
- Initiate, Plan, Lead & Close the agreed improvement projects
- Deliver robust process improvements towards our stakeholders
- Drive operational excellence of CS by considering end-to-end impact of solutions
- Focus on improving standardization or enable standardization in all aspects of the project
- Resolve roadblocks or issues that put progress and/or targeted objectives at risk
- Secure adoption of the project deliverables by our internal customers
- Continuously improve (e.g. work, processes, tools and templates)
In this position you will work with a multi-cultural worldwide team and report to the CS CI PO Group Leader.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree with general understanding of technical topics (through technical background or job experience)
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex service processes
- 5+ years of experience managing change and/or improvement projects
- Proven experience and knowledge of Continuous Improvement methods (Problem Solving 8D, Lean / Six Sigma)
- Field experience in smanaging Lean in service execution/engineering is a plus
- Experience in managing change on culture and leadership
- Extensive experience with ASML processes and products is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- A passion for Continuous Improvement and drive for results
- Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues in Lean thinking and zero defects as a business necessity
- Able to be a service oriented business partner: independent, reliable and objective
- Strong people skills, a finesse for stakeholder management and a collaborative approach
- Solid networking skills: able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from team members in the field to Senior Managers
- Engaging stakeholders by switching between looking at details and seeing the big picture
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma or other operational excellence methodologies is a pre
- Fluent English, both verbal and written, and open to cultural differences
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occasional travel expected.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.