You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Competence Engineer Actuator Lab
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you an electrical or mechatronics engineer with affinity for modelling, testing and experimenting? Are your looking for a job where you can combine your analytical skills with hands on activities? And are you used to working in multidisciplinary teams? Then please have a close look at this position!
Role and responsibilities
Within this role you will increase the overall actuator competence within ASML by developing all technical and process competences required to design, produce, test and qualify linear electrical actuators.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at Actuator Process development for existing processes and future actuators
- Design, build and maintain test set-ups to qualify performance, endurance and other actuator parameters.
- Execute testcases to validate electrical, thermal or functional performance of components and actuators.
- Perform mechanical and electrical measurements on actuators and/or components used in linear actuators.
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of actuator design, test setup, design of experiments.
- Contribute to the actuator competency within ASML and execute parts of the actuator roadmap.
Education and experience
- Master or Bachelor in Electronics, Mechatronics, or Applied Physics.
- Our preference goes out to candidates with a solid basis in electronics or mechatronics. Next to this, experience with data acquisition and test & measurement setup’s is required.
- At least 3 (for Masters graduates) or 5 (for Bachelor graduates) years of work experience in high-precision industry including:
experience wth electromagnetic actuators;
experience in production environment with high tech products and complext production processes;
exprience in the field of (semi-) automated production lines and control is an advantage.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active with hands-on mentality,
- Accurate work attitude with a critical mindset,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Able to operate within a multi-disciplinary team,
- Affinity to work on high precision products,
- Skilled in Matlab, Simulink and Labview,
- Strong social and communication skills to build lasting relations,
- Excellent English language skills in speech and writing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) within Bottom (BM) cluster provides cutting edge mechatronics solutions for ASML products. These include stages to transport and position wafers within the machine. For these, and other mechatronic applications, linear electromagnetic actuators are being used. This type of actuators are commonly used in our Lithography systems. Due to the high throughput demands, high force density actuators are being applied and therefor actively cooled. Beside these performance requirements the reliability- and manufacturability demands are as important.
To support this mix of unique technical requirements a dedicated Competence Lab is established, called the Actuator Lab, in Oirschot (ASML building 31). Here, proto types are build, tested and released. We actively develop and secure Actuator related competences to both support the next generation actuator demands as also securing the basic technical knowledge. The various specific technical topis are owned by our competence engineers. To strengthen our team we need a senior Actuator Competence Engineer.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
The actuator lab is a well-established department existing of 10 experienced engineers. This means the department can offer you schooling, mentoring and specialization opportunities on the specific actuator competence.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.