You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Mechatronics Engineer Actuator Lab
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you an experienced mechatronics engineer with affinity for Modelling and experimenting? Are your looking for a job where you can combine your analytical skills with hands on activities? And are you used to work in multidisciplinary teams? Then please have a close look at this position!
Role and responsibilities
Within this role you will increase the overall actuator competence within ASML by developing all technical and process competences required to design, produce, test and qualify linear electrical actuators.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at Actuator Process development for existing processes and future actuators
- Design, build and maintain test set-ups to qualify performance, endurance and other actuator parameters.
- Execute testcases to validate electrical, thermal or functional performance of components and actuators.
- Perform mechanical and electrical measurements on actuators and/or components used in linear actuators.
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of actuator design, test setup, design of experiments.
- Contribute to the actuator competency within ASML and execute parts of the actuator roadmap.
Education and experience
- Master or experienced Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or Electronics, with a specialization in Mechatronics
- Our preference goes out to candidates with a solid basis in mechatronics. Next to this data acquisition and test & measurement setup’s is required.
- At least 8 years of work experience in technical environment, preferably hardware or manufacturing, is required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active attitude, hands-on mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Being able to operate within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Skilled in Matlab, Simulink and Labview.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
For these and other mechatronic applications linear electrical actuators are being used. The actuator lab secures and Develops Actuator Competences for Product Design, Quality and Manufacturability of Coil and Magnet Assemblies. ASML is known for its lithography systems- machines which combine state of the art optics with laser technology and powerful mechatronics modules.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Please share your resume, cover letter & grade-list with us when applying for this position.
The actuator lab is a well-established department existing of 10 experienced engineers. This means the department can offer you schooling, mentoring and specialization opportunities on the specific actuator competence.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.