You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Value Engineer Circular Engineering
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you an engineer with broad technical interest, do you want to work with highly technical skilled teams, are you interested in bringing insight in cost structures of our products, do you like to challenge engineers and architects to think about reusability and cost efficiency?
Than Value Engineering might be something for you.
We are looking for a motivated Value Engineer that likes to be part of the ASML transition from a linear to a circular economy.
Role and responsibilities
Value Engineering is a structured approach to increase ASML profitability by improving the Value of our products for our customers and/or reducing its Cost
The Value Engineer Circular Engineering is an expert and partner of Development and Engineering, Sourcing and Supply Chain Management for enabling ASML in being successful in going from a linear to circular economy.
- Driving re-use design in Cost Assessments and re-use Business Cases by initiation of re-use Value Engineering workshops in cross-functional collaboration with project teams, technical experts, procurement and suppliers
- Reporting waste and re-use value of parts in the re-use projects and to the programs
- Challenge re-use Cost for critical parts, proactively discuss opportunities with engineers and architects
- Help setting up the re-use Means and Methods for Value Engineering topics
- Create guidelines and training of re-use Value Engineering methodologies, support and train project teams for execution
- Create proposals for re-use cost models to create efficiency in assessment execution
- Contribute to the zero-waste mindset by challenging and collaborating with our peer engineers and suppliers and supporting them to implement re-use opportunities.
Education and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in a technical field like physics, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, mechatronics, industrial engineering or similar. It is beneficial to have affinity with cost and value engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in product architecture, product design, industrialization,sourcing or supply chain
- Experience in cost structure analysis, product cost optimization, cost driver analysis, target costing and recycling material
- Being familiar with Value Engineering methods and techniques
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter, pioneering spirit
- Creative, Conceptual, Analytical
- You dare to challenge and can influence the situation
- Lean and flexible per situation
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.