You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EXE Cabin Equipment Technician
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
The next step in organizing for ASML’s future growth is building the EXE factory. In January 2021 EXE started production of its first EXE5000 proto types.
The EXE5000 will be built according to a modular approach and including the assembling and qualifying the total EUV machine in Veldhoven. The production process of the EXE 5000 is split up into multiple Main Machines (e.g. modular building), reducing cycle time because Main Machines can be built in parallel. After being assembled and passing the Factory Acceptance Test, the Main Machines will then be transported to a Full Functioning Machine cabin. Here Final Assembly and System Qualification will be executed and afterwards, the Full Functioning Machine will be shipped to the field at the customer site.
Production starts in low volume between 2021 - 2025 and will ramp up toapproximately 15 systems a year. Initially the team of the new factory will start in Q42020 with 51 fte and grow to approximately 162 fte in 2023. EXE5000 will be organized as a LEAN Factory with Technicians working in a Natural team setup.
Role and responsibilities
EXE5000 (EUV Factory) Manufacturing is responsible for Build, Qualification, De-assemble and Install of Main Machine systems and Complete Source and Scanner systems. The System Integration department in Manufacturing is responsible for the assembly and qualification of the Fasy, Source Build and CO2 milestones.
The Cabin Assy Technician is responsible to prepare the cabins and Install and connect cabinets for EXE systems:
- Cabin Equipment: installing cable sets, hoses and ducting.
- Cabin Preparation: Installing and connecting Cabinets.
- Cabin Assy means combination of both activities.
Working in a new factory with a new team requires a flexible mindset, especially because volumes and ramp up are low, in the first years. To optimally organize capacity, maximize learning and have an active quality feedback loop Technicians will work on different types of activities involving cross-training.
- Assembles high quality complex products resulting in ASML finished products.
- Adjusts the assembled products according to the specifications.
- Pointing out and / or solving technical problems during assembly in consultation with the available resources in order to reduce interruption of production.
- Looking for opportunities in reducing process cycle time and takes appropriate action.
- Identifies and acts on quality, Cycle time and safety improving opportunities for ASML benefits.
- Work and drive continuous improvement of products and process of the own work center and (Internal) customer.
- Improve learning curve product and process via short feedback loops.
- Identify and report expected bottlenecks and solves technical problems if needed in close cooperation with other disciplines.
- Plan and prioritize own work.
- Report, inform and escalate correctly and timely on progress and status.
- Actively seek for relevant knowledge.
- Share and train knowledge and skills.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary teams within a high-tech environment.
Education and experience
- MBO 3/4 Electrical- , mechanical engineering, mechatronics, applied physics, aerospace or automotive engineering. At least 2 year hands on assembly experience.
- >1 years of experience with high quality precision engineering and familiarity with electronics and / or optics.
- Experience with working with SAP-ME is a pre.
- Working with computers is a significant part of the job, including but not limited to making comments on procedures, updating logbooks in Excel, creating DN’s MN’s in SAP.
- Strong preference for experienced ASML Technicians in NXE or NXT.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible mindset;
- Independent, pro-active, flexible team player;
- Technical drive: curious, persistent, practical, analytical;
- Accurate within the job, the job environment and the work flow;
- Service orientated, good communicator and team worker;
- Flexible. Able to work with changing work packages, plans and colleagues;
- Ability to work with computer systems (MS office, SAP, etc.);
- Eager to learn and expand skills;
- High Quality and Safety standards;
- Willing to share and train knowledge and skills;
- Able to speak and understand English; able to write procedure comments and transfer documents in English;
- Able to speak and understand Dutch is a pre.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The Cabin Equipment Technician reports to the Team Leader;
- Shifts: Support schedule without hour bank in Veldhoven;
- Travel expectation is 0%.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.