You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Learning Analytics Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is the only company in the world offering extreme ultraviolet lithography machines. These machines are indispensable to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. In a 2021 New York Times article the ASML machines were labeled “the most complicated machines humans have built”.
Since the ASML machines are an important cornerstone in global mega trends like robotics, big data, AI and IoT, the company is expected to continue its growth in the upcoming years to an annual turnover of 28-35 USD Billion by 2025.
To create these machines and to continue the exciting growth journey, ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology from all over the world.
In this vibrant and exciting environment, Learning & Knowledge Management (L&KM) is paramount. L&KM enables ASML to sustain its competitive advantage and build the new generation of cutting edge machines. As Global Learning Analytics Manager you are responsible for making L&KM insights available to management and L&KM professionals by leveraging the latest People Analytics techniques (Employee Research, Business Intelligence and Data Science).
Role and responsibilities
In this role you will shape and mature global analytics for Learning & Knowledge Management (L&KM) at ASML. You act as Analytics Translator, seamlessly connecting the worlds of Learning, Knowledge Management, People Analytics, and our business to enable value creation through data driven insights.
On the one hand you liaise with various stakeholders in the Learning & Knowledge Management organization to explore demand for insights and collect feedback on existing Learning Analytics assets.
On the other hand you use the information gained from L&KM professionals to work with the People Analytics team on developing and operating the Learning Analytics products (e.g., Global Learning Dashboard, the ROI methodology for learning measurement and evaluation), as well as (ultimately) industrialized prescriptive algorithms.
You report directly into the Global Learning Quality & Process lead and have a dotted line to the Director People Analytics.
Shape and mature Learning Analytics
- Responsible for the global learning dashboard and analytics for all L&KM activities across ASML.
- Facilitate the measurement of L&KM quality and impact on the business and other relevant KPIs as the leading L&KM analytics translator. Identify, monitor, and analyze the KPIs for the L&KM organization that need to be tracked and measured.
- Provide guidance and requirements to the Learning Dashboard Product Owner and Learning Data Analysts in the
- People Analytics team (who build and maintain the global learning dashboards), and collaborate to conceptualize the analytics requirements into innovative L&KM measurement approaches.
- Drive the application of analytics and behavioral science to influence key strategic decisions in ASML.
Collect analytics demand
- Liaise with internal clients and Learning professionals to understand and prioritize their needs for descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive insights.
- Collaborate with the People Analytics team to translate these user stories into a rolling Learning Analytics demand plan and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Detail out endorsed demand (e.g., user story, analytical questions, methodology, data sets to be used, privacy and ethical consideration as well as organizational and geographical scoping).
- Select appropriate measurement and evaluation strategies and supporting processes and systems based on the stakeholder needs.
Manage endorsed analytics demand
- Where required, work with the Data Privacy team on completing data privacy assessments.
- Involve the right stakeholders from the business and the L&KM organization which are required for an initiative.
- For smaller deliverables (e.g., explorative data science assignment, or employee research pilots), work directly with technical People Analytics resources (e.g., data scientist, or employee research expert).
- For larger deliverables (e.g., updates to the Global Learning Dashboard), act as linking pin between internal customers / L&KM professionals and the learning dashboard product owner.
- Collate input for the ASML annual report around learning analytics and safeguarding compliance with legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements.
Present insights and drive Impact
- Design and facilitate workshops to validate (interim) deliverables.
- Present final deliverables to internal stakeholders and/or L&KM professionals, articulating complex concepts in simple terms to senior stakeholders leveraging expertise in data visualization and storytelling skills.
- Support them with turning deliverables into action/change and adopting policies, guidelines, quality standards related to these products.
Help creating a data-driven culture
- Serve as a highly visible, credible and respected role model, coach and advocate across the organization as it adopts L&KM principles and processes, especially in relation to analytics.
- Collaborates with the Academies to implement and ensure adoption of L&KM processes, quality standards, policies and guidelines around evaluations and impact measurements to optimize the quality of L&KM design and delivery.
- Foster an external network and visit conferences identifying latest trends beneficial to ASML
Education and experience
- Master degree or higher, preferably in beta or business studies.
- 4-6 years of work experience focused on using data to uncover insights, communicate key findings and drive action (e.g., Analytics Manager, Analytics Translator, Data Analyst), preferably in the learning analytics space. Consulting experience is a plus.
- Work experience and expertise in Learning and/or Knowledge Management is a must.
- Has worked across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration.
- Has been part of larger technical/data initiatives involving stakeholders from across the organization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English, using storytelling, structuring (pyramid principle), and data visualization skills.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with a team-player attitude to drive the end-to-end implementation of use cases under time pressure.
- Excellent in PowerPoint and Excel; capable in operating pre-configured BI/Reporting tooling. Experience with PowerBI and/or TIBCO Spotfire are a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze large datasets, detect and correct errors, interpret, and develop recommendations.
- Understanding of statistical/machine learning methods and technology, their applications and pitfalls; no need to code/configure.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative (employee) research methods and design.
- High-level understanding of big data platform architecture.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.