You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Optical Design Engineer Level Sensor
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize state-of-the-art optical sensors?Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements?
Then we have exciting opportunities within the Sensors department of the Development & Engineering sector of ASML. The sensors developed in this department are key for the ASML business drivers overlay, imaging, focus and throughput.
Role and responsibilitiesContribute to the development of leading edge optical sensor systems by designing, creating, integrating and testing within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations, enabling Moore’s Law.
As Design Engineer in our Sensors department you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment that further develops the current and next generation optical image sensor or level sensor. You will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in several of the below activities:
- Analysis and modeling of the performance of our leading-edge optical sensors systems.
- Definition of specifications to meet the required system performance.
- Generate effective and creative optical solutions for improving the sensor performance
- Development of opto-mechanical tools required during install and setup of the sensor
- Integration, calibration and test of the optical sensors in our lithography systems
- Cooperate in modeling and experimental verification of sensor performance
- Support the production of these sensors and its use by the final customers
- You will work in close cooperation with colleagues from many disciplines in- and outside ASML. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are crucial in this dynamic environment.
- You will manage ASML internal stakeholders, and are in contact with suppliers and other external parties where needed. You are expected to be flexible, ambitious, and willing to develop yourself.
Education and experience
Technical University, MSc or PhD in physics or engineering.
- Talented MSc or PhD candidates, preferably experienced in industry and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Proven experience or affinity with optics; preferably experienced with optical simulation tools
- Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation
- Experience with hardware development
- Experience with data analysis using MATLAB, or similar software tooling
- Takes the initiative, creative and is willing to learn and adapt quickly
- Flexible and committed team player
- Pragmatic attitude, result orientation with an analytical view.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Strong communication skills, knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please send in your application together with your CV and motivational letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.