You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
D&E 5s+1 Coordinator
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The 5s+1 Performs & coordinates Audits, teach and trains, contributes and facilitates 5s+1 improvement programs in order to create a safety culture, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing that leads to empowerment.
The 5S+1 coordinator leads 5s+1 events to sustain continuous improvement initiatives, develops and communicates metrics for measurement of continuous improvement; monitors and analyses quantitative and qualitative results.
Role and responsibilities
May, as obtained and supported by D&E senior management, stop any unsafe activity or any activity that does not meet 5s criteria.
All D&E and Research locations, like technical and storage rooms, in the Netherlands. In- and outside cleanroom.Out of scope are D&E and Research offices rooms
Furthermore, your activities will be;
- Encourages 5s+1 activities in all of its forms.
- Trains, coaches and organizes workshops in relation to 5s+1 to create awareness.
- Fosters a safety culture and supports the implementation of safety policies in compliance with the company safety program to eliminate work related injuries. Identifies and reports risks and potentially dangerous situations.
- Holds frequent 5S+1 audits with the area responsible person. This according to a fixed schedule, to benchmark, report and sustain made progress.
- Holds frequent Gemba walks with team/group leads. This to see the reality and pick up the opportunities and important issues people face. Practice what you preach, walk the talk.
- Tracks, monitors, and reportsregularly on 5s+1 status to all stakeholders;
- Develops and communicates KPIs and dashboards for measurement of continuous improvement with stakeholders
- Leads 5s/ Kaizen events and continuous improvement projects through cross-sector team facilitation and project management in respect to 5s+1 aspects.
- Uses lean manufacturing tools (e.g., value stream mapping, Kaizen, Charters, 5S, Gemba walks) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
- Acts as primary liaison with steering committees and networks with other locations to support programs designed to continually improve operations and eliminate waste.
- Establishes collaborative relationships within and outside D&E and Research.
- Supports and reviews plant processes, procedures and performance using evaluation tools and makes recommendations on improvement opportunities.
- Learns from other peer organizations through benchmarking, conferences, seminars and training sessions, and bring this learning back to the organization for further promotion and improvement of our way of working.
- Acts as a single source of truth and spider in the web for all 5s+1 related activities within D&E and Research
- Acts as D&E representative for 5s+1 in the Netherlands.
- Aligns with standards & solutions already in use within ASML WW.
Education and experience
Technical Bachelors (HBO),
Proven knowledge of:
- 5s+1 expertise/ lean manufacturing/ safety
- Consulting and coaching on various 5s topics.
- Project-leader skills.
Preferable knowledge of:
- Operational safetyMachine and product safety.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.