You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Are you challenged by providing quality solutions for documentation and work instructions, used for service on complex systems? Do you have (technical) writing experience and good communication skills, complimented with a background in high tech environments? If so, ASML is looking for people like you to join our Customer Support (CS) Engineering team!
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. The goal of CS DUV Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
The mission of our team is to enable our service engineers in the field to be successful in supporting our customers. As a Technical Author you are a key player in enabling the right quality Service Mix, work instructions, and procedures, for our end users in the customer fab.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of documentation and work instructions that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab. As an expert in technical documentation and -communication you will, together with the responsible Competence Engineer(s), support service engineers to fulfil their tasks in a safe, efficient and effective way.
- The Technical Author is a key partner for CS Competence Engineers who are the technical specialists responsible for addressing structural issues in the Field;
- As Author you are a strong and effective collaborator with the CS Competence Engineers. Your goal is to deliver high-quality documentation towards the target audience, which are Field Service Engineers and/or customers of ASML systems;
- The Technical Author is capable of understanding complex technical matters and presenting them in a clear, accurate, and compact manner;
- For creating and editing content, the Technical Author makes use of dedicated tools like XML-editor (Arbortext Editor) and document management system (Indicenter). The content created by the Technical Author is made according to ASML standards;
- The Technical Author collaborates with fellow Authors in the team to meet the targets and secure the planned documentation deliverables. The work is organized via daily stand up meetings and standardized workflows. Close collaboration is in the DNA of this team;
Who are you?
- 3 years or more work experience in a technical writing role;
- Bachelor or Master degree in a technical subject or (technical) communication.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have experience in creating and revising technical manuals, procedures and instructional materials;
- You are accurate and diligent in producing your content: you know how to request information and following up your requests with responsible technical staff;
- You are creative, using analytical skills, writing skills and problem solving skills , to tackle challenges;
- You understand shifting priorities and can act accordingly, taking a pro-active attitude and taking initiative whenever needed;
- You are quick understanding and capable of working with a varied team of Engineers from different engineering disciplines;
- In-depth technical knowledge is not required; in-depth understanding of (Technical) English is a key requirement;
- Knowledge of XML document editors, document management systems and publication system is a plus.
What do we offer?
- A young and ambitious environment where personal development stands central;
- Large degree of freedom and independence within your job;
- Large responsibility in the projects and teams in which you will be involved;
- Being part of a strong team where trust and collaboration are the norm;
- International working environment, both within Veldhoven and worldwide at our local offices.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter when applying for this role.