You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Development & Engineering Senior Group Leader
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Can you take the lead and bring Development & Engineering of our (Analytics) Application Platform to the next level? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
The Application Platform department develops the ASML software platform foundation to enable on-product and later equipment analytics functionality. This platform integrates between the various deployment variants (cloud and on-prem), various (big-) data sources and towards the user excellent user usability & experience. This job requires excellent leadership skills with a passion for coaching people and teams to connect across multi-disciplines to bring software innovation and development to the next level.
Your mission in this role is to constitute and lead a strong team in order to develop and reliably deliver with them the integrated software platform solution components enabling use-cases to optimize the yield of our semi-conductor device manufacturing.
We use advanced software engineering, IT technology and mathematics to keep fueling the software platform revolution for our semiconductor and electronics industry. We create this advanced software applications platform in close cooperation with stakeholders from our semi-conductor customers to analyze, optimize and control the performance of our customers production processes for maximum device yield.
Role and responsibilities
As part of the staff of the Application Platform department, you will manage the a core software development group focused on web-based front-end applications, you will be responsible for development and integration. You are also responsible for the roadmap, specification, technology choices, concept choices, design, development, integration and qualification of applications within the boundaries imposed by the platform. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance at the benefit of the platform.
- Linemanager of a group of 20-25 highly educated people, skilled in Front-endweb development, UX and Java (architectures)
- Responsiblefor personal development of the team members and your resource andcompetence roadmaps (strategic workforce planning);
- Defineand implement functional, competence and product development technologyroadmaps;
- Takethe lead for the successful and predictable product development projectswith continuous improvement focus (timeliness, quality, scope control,risk management, X-team collaboration, customer connection). Projects areexecuted using the Scaled Agile Framework (hence experience with SAFe isrecommended);
- Develop,assess and select development technology, techniques and drive productarchitecture improvements;
- Managethe delivery of concept choices/designs in your group that meet therequirements of the ASML development programs and drive integration of thefull control loop including a robust verification and validation strategy;
- Interactionwith project leaders, program managers and other group leads on technicalcontent and allocation of people to projects. Review project plans andproactively support project realization.
Education and experience
Technical University Bachelor's, Master’s, PDEng, PhD in Physics, Electronics, Computer Science or Mathematics preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Atleast 8 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complexmulti-disciplinary software products;
- Atleast 3 years of experience in leading a group of highly qualified expertsor similar Team Lead or Project lead experience;
- Solidtheoretical, experimental and/or scientific experience in softwareengineering, physics, electronics and/or mathematics;
- Experiencewith Software Product development;
- Experiencein managing a group of highly skilled technical professionals;
- Affinitywith managing and optimizing integral business processes in a fast growingand dynamic business environment, driving innovation.
- Highenergy, highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordinationand communication skills;
- Abilityto provide technical direction and motivate a team of professionalengineers;
- Drivinginnovation including – network;
- Abilityto build and a maintain strong connection across disciplines;
- Abilityto work in an international multicultural setting;
- Abilityto think and act on a strategic level.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Recruitment Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.